Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the same code on my car because of my 180 tsat and the car not getting warm enough and i was wondering will disconnecting my battery get rid of the code for me as i dont really care if its still in the pc just dont want to have to look at the yellow engine lite this winter or should i just say the hell with it and get the code cleared when it gets warmer!! The car definately runs way better in the cooler weather!!:nervous s

·
Registered
628 Posts
I just got the same code on my car because of my 180 tsat and the car not getting warm enough and i was wondering will disconnecting my battery get rid of the code for me as i dont really care if its still in the pc just dont want to have to look at the yellow engine lite this winter or should i just say the hell with it and get the code cleared when it gets warmer!! The car definately runs way better in the cooler weather!!:nervous s
It'll just keep it stored, as long as it isn't active, the light will go out...assuming you've had good trips...It'll turn off on it's own after three good trips anyways...at least it should.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i disconnected battery for this exact situation. did not clear code! all it did was make the esp bas light come one. 3 runs later, it turned off but the tstat code is still causing the mil light to be lit. forget it!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Try pulling fuse 11 for a couple mins.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Mine came on for the same reason and I cleared it, it did come back once after a week, but cleared it again and all is well so far lol

·
Registered
3,045 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I've read that by disconnecting both cables and touching them together, you will close the circuit and clear any error messages. I've tried this on my '97 Ram but the codes remained in the OBDC, at least for the next couple engine starts. Worth a shot, though, or just swap back in the stock thermostat until the warm weather returns.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I had the T-stat error code when it got cold here also. I pulled fuse 11 and all good now. No more check engine light and all is running smooth.:grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
got the same check engine code after installing the 180 t stat, but i installed this atleast 3 months ago. oh well i guess i will be pulling the infamous fuse 11 for 30 sec.

·
Registered
332 Posts
This is when the Predator comes in handy. I've cleared that code a couple times with it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Try pulling fuse 11 for a couple mins.
Man, this is why I love you guys and this forum. Heading out to my Illinois garage right now to pull #11 and shut up that stoopid light.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts