Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in May I did a baseline on my SRT8 ... 385 HP and 377 torque on a Mustang dyno. Today I went and re-dynoed on the same machine after Airaid intake w/ scoop, B&G Stage II and Zoomers catback ... 388 HP and 385 torque. I should have spent my money on some heads and cam:angry:

In case you were wondering about the high stock numbers the dyno guy admitted he had set the dyno to run high numbers because he got sick of people bitchin. He said his settings were at the highest end of what was acceptable according to Mustang Dyno.

The ambient air temperature was about the same as the first dyno run but the humidity was about 50% due to rain that morning. He said that the humidity probably cost me 1-2 HP.

Anyways I'm going to the track tonight to see what I can get with some hopefully cool air. My best stock run was 13.24. My best run with just B&G and Airaid was 12.99. We'll see if the Zoomers get me anything.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Hey man
1/4 second off you quarter mile is pretty friggin sweet though.
Dyno shmyno...the track numbers is all that counts

I totally thought I was off work today, but I was wrong...No track for me tonight :(

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RTRacer,

Sorry you won't be there. I'll do a burnout in your honor:)

I attribute the B&G with the 2/10th gain. Obviously not from the microscopic HP gain but from better shifting.

Charginscott,

Dyno's are vodoo in my opinion. Like RTRacer said, the track is the best indicator of performance (although the 40 MPH head wind I had a few weeks ago didn't help).

I think I'm going to get me some drag radials on some cheapy 17 or 18" rims.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I dynoed on a Mustang dyno before and after my Mopar CAI and Zoomers catback installs (different month, same weather and temp).

Stock, 366HP/354TQ
CAI+exhaust, 370HP/354TQ

So there you have it. Sounds better though... =]

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Before I got the Zoomers I was consistently at 106-109 MPH in the quarter. I ran one run a couple weeks ago (with 40 MPH headwind) and got 103 MPH.
Tonight I ran a bunch of times in pretty good weather and started out with a 103 MPH. I was thinking somehow the Zoomers had taken away some horses. After a few more runs I was at 105 MPH, 109 MPH and a couple 108 MPH. I guess that isn't the case. Just surprised my MPH was jumping around when they had been so consistent.

My ET's were all over as well. Best of [email protected] Worst was 19 sec at 57 MPH:grin: ... I was spinning my tires so bad (and didn't realize it) that I almost hit the wall halfway down the track.

My 60's were awful. 0.224 seconds on average. I tried to roll into the gas but either I'd get a 0.224 (or similar) or I'd spin all over and get a 15 second ET.

I've got the RSA's and out of 20 runs with the car I've only gotten one sub 2.04 60' time (1.96). I keep trying to duplicate it but have no luck. I really am thinking drag radials on 17" tires are the way to go.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have learned dynos are for tuning....to many factors can change your dyno readings day to day..............the track, on the other hand, provided results....not sure why you are upset...dang good track #s...
Truly, dyno numbers only matter for comparison's sake, and only if you can run the car before and after mods on the same day. Other than that, it's just guesswork and not terribly accurate. Take it to the track to see how it is running.

·
Registered
414 Posts
RTRacer,

Sorry you won't be there. I'll do a burnout in your honor:)

I attribute the B&G with the 2/10th gain. Obviously not from the microscopic HP gain but from better shifting.

Charginscott,

Dyno's are vodoo in my opinion. Like RTRacer said, the track is the best indicator of performance (although the 40 MPH head wind I had a few weeks ago didn't help).

I think I'm going to get me some drag radials on some cheapy 17 or 18" rims.

Jeff
On the other hand I’m very impressed with my B&G stage 2 tune. I added the B&G and saw a difference of pretty well a full ½ second in the quarter and about 3mph. I also just have a CAI and cat back. I suppose different cars react different to mods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.