Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About three weeks ago I got my flow masters installed, I also removed the resonators, it sounded real good. Not too loud. As I pulled out of the muffler shop, I took the Track Control off, and I spun my tires at the light like never before. I don't beat my car, but once in a while I like to show off what she got...I drove around for the past three weeks with a chip on my shoulder that got knocked off last night. I was with a few friends last night of cousre my girl (R/T) is got to be the center of attraction. One of my friends has a 2006 Maxima , yes I said Maxima...Nissan. He wanted to see how his car did against mine. I consider myself after 20 years plus of driving mostly V8 mustangs and alike a good driver. Yes my ESP OR EVP was off. Guess what he took me not once but 3-4 times. Yes I tried auto stick too. I feel this car is like Jekyll and Hyde. I could not even spin my tires. I had three guys in my car he had 2, but come on!!!! A F######G MAXIMA...yes stock…. please help me I am going to need therapy.... Do I need to go out and buy myself a predator programmer? Like said I don't race around all day long. I could use advise.........

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
How have you been driving her before the race? If for the last couple weeks you have been grandma'ing around town, the car "learned" that, and started reacting accordingly. Go do a fuse 11 pull and see if she wakes back up.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
sorry to hear that but my 2nd car is a nissan maxima 2006 (265 hp type) and no way can that car hang with my R/T. :smoke:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Got to hand it to you. It does take courage to reveal that you had your ass handed to you by a Maxima. I've been embarrassed before by a modded C6 Z06 at the track but you learn to take these things in stride.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How have you been driving her before the race? If for the last couple weeks you have been grandma'ing around town, the car "learned" that, and started reacting accordingly. Go do a fuse 11 pull and see if she wakes back up.
What do I do just pull the 11 and keep it out or put it back in.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
What do I do just pull the 11 and keep it out or put it back in.
Give it a few minutes on the fuse pull. Sorry to hear about the loss, I can guarantee you that this car can beat a maxima. I beasted one about 1 month after I owned the car. You got it.......trust me :grin:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Give it a few minutes on the fuse pull. Sorry to hear about the loss, I can guarantee you that this car can beat a maxima. I beasted one about 1 month after I owned the car. You got it.......trust me :grin:
exactly what he said... the maxima's are fast but not charger v/8 fast.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Can you give us more details - how badly did you lose? Was it from the start? Were you pulling on him at the end?

Are you sure the Max was stock?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you give us more details - how badly did you lose? Was it from the start? Were you pulling on him at the end?

Are you sure the Max was stock?
Yes it was stock it was a friends car that he leases. He had me off the line everytime and was pulling away. I live in NYC brooklyn, this was street light to street light maybe an 1/8 of a mile....
Agian question about #11 fuse do I pull the fuse and keep it out or put it back in. Yes I do normaly dirve around pretty slow.

·
Registered
37 Posts
About three weeks ago I got my flow masters installed, I also removed the resonators, it sounded real good. Not too loud. As I pulled out of the muffler shop, I took the Track Control off, and I spun my tires at the light like never before. I don't beat my car, but once in a while I like to show off what she got...I drove around for the past three weeks with a chip on my shoulder that got knocked off last night. I was with a few friends last night of cousre my girl (R/T) is got to be the center of attraction. One of my friends has a 2006 Maxima , yes I said Maxima...Nissan. He wanted to see how his car did against mine. I consider myself after 20 years plus of driving mostly V8 mustangs and alike a good driver. Yes my ESP OR EVP was off. Guess what he took me not once but 3-4 times. Yes I tried auto stick too. I feel this car is like Jekyll and Hyde. I could not even spin my tires. I had three guys in my car he had 2, but come on!!!! A F######G MAXIMA...yes stock…. please help me I am going to need therapy.... Do I need to go out and buy myself a predator programmer? Like said I don't race around all day long. I could use advise.........
All i have to say is dont blame the car.... I have been the biggest Maxima fan my entire life. When i started selling Dodges i fell in love with the hemi chargers and accepted one truth. it was faster than any maxima and had the advantage of rwd. no maxima ever produced (at least since my89) has been a slouch. but they dont have gobs of torque. a few weeks ago in my '99.5 maxima i took a top banana daytona off the line and had him all the way until 65-70 mph. at that point it was all his nothing i could do....

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
if you didn't launch your ride correctly then the maxima would have a slight chance out of the box. the throttle on the maxima seems a bit more responsive from a stomp then the charger but you need to learn how to launch your car from the line and that will help you.:smoke:

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
predator..predator...

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
predator..predator...
true but ultimately this thread is about a stock maxima and the charger r/t alone shouldn't need one of those. what year was the maxima by the way. if it was a 07, they are suppose to be slower than the 06 because of the cvt (i believe that's what it's called):geek:

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Yes it was stock it was a friends car that he leases. He had me off the line everytime and was pulling away. I live in NYC brooklyn, this was street light to street light maybe an 1/8 of a mile....
Agian question about #11 fuse do I pull the fuse and keep it out or put it back in. Yes I do normaly dirve around pretty slow.
So it was all in the launch

Practice your starts with more power

Power brake until you get just a chirp of wheelspin on the takeoff

Lastly,

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
So it was all in the launch

Practice your starts with more power

Power brake until you get just a chirp of wheelspin on the takeoff

Lastly,

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!
exactly what he said, and also, i wouldnt be racing anyone if i had other passengers in the car...:smoke:

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
When was the last time you cleaned the K&N? The oiled filters clog up pretty quick, much faster than a paper filter.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts