Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been buying parts on the internet for over a decade, and I've always tried to be supportive of the vendors who support sites like this one. So I'm understanding of difficulties associated with stocking parts and shipping, and I don't get irritated easily.

Last Saturday I placed an order for brake parts, to the tune of over $2,000. There were no indications that any of the parts I ordered were not in stock, and the $143 I paid in shipping suggested that the parts would be delivered in 3-4 days. On Thursday, I sent an e-mail requesting an update on the shipping status, which has so far been ignored. On Friday, I called twice, and spoke to someone (Chris?) who explained that the Baer front kit was a custom order and shipped by them, but that he was searching for a tracking number for the rear brake parts. Still, no word on their status.

Not only am I mad that I've been ignored (after spending $2300), but I'm disappointed that this was the only free weekend that I'll have to spend working on my Charger until mid-March. To their credit, at least they haven't charged my credit card for the MIA parts. At this point, I may consider canceling my order and buy the parts from Summit Racing in a few weeks when I'll have some free time to work on my car again.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
First of all thank you for your order, we do appreciate your supporting us and vendor who sponsor the forums. I am sorry for the disappointing service you have received thus far and that you weren't called back after speaking with Mikey.

I sent you an email Monday about a stock issue with the rear rotors (those part numbers aren't available) but we have some other options for you, and we do have the pads and lines in stock and ready to ship. I see there is another thread in our section here about an issue logging into the store (which is news to me) but perhaps we are having some system issues. The Baer does drop ship from them to you directly.

We have not charged your card yet, as you stated, and if you would like to cancel the order I will take care of that for you, but I hope we can earn the opportunity to complete and fulfill this order for you. Please let me know how we can best help you with this.

Thanks,
Lisa.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lisa,

Which Monday did you send an e-mail? I have only received an order confirmation on the 8th (from [email protected]), but nothing from anyone about parts. Now you mention problems with the part numbers? I think it would be best to try and call me to determine if you have my correct e-mail address on file...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lisa,

Still, I have not received any messages from you regarding the status of my order. I am fairly certain that you do have my correct e-mail address considering it is my log in username for my account on your site. It says that my order is "processed" and that no changes are allowed. There is no indications that are problems with any of the parts I was trying to order.

Please advise as to how you'd like to address this matter.

Thank you,

Ray

·
Registered
584 Posts
I would have canceled already. When I want stuff, I want it now. If it's not immediately available, that happens, but I want to know NOW!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To update the saga, I received a call from Mikey yesterday afternoon, who apologized for... this. He mentioned that an issue is that there are 3 different brake rotors for the Charger (not mentioned on your site) and asked which type/diameter rotor I have on mine. I had to measure and check, which I did so once I got home, and he asked me to e-mail him ([email protected]) and he would recalculate the cost (plus/minus a few dollars depending upon which rotor I needed) and recalculate shipping costs/time. I e-mailed him last night with the rotor type/diameter, but have yet to hear any update.

If I have to call, it will be to cancel this order. The way it looks now, I would not receive even the rear rotors by this weekend either. This isn't a good way to treat your customers, regardless of if they are spending $10 or $2400 at your store.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Hey Ray,

I just emailed you back this morning.

Like I said in the email - I had some personal business I needed to take care of after I left the shop at 6 pm (one hour after we closed for the day) and I did not get home until after midnight. So I apologize for not getting back to your email that you sent me. I did receive that email yesterday while I was away from my computer, but I was unable to respond till this morning when I was back in front of a computer.

Thanks
Mikey

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
If I was ordering something as expensive/specialized as a Baer braking kit for $2k, I don't think I'd EVER expect such items to be in stock ANYWHERE, except for maybe with the manufacturer, in this case, Baer.

Sometimes gotta try to take a deep breath, and try to let common sense kick in ...

I've ordered several times from BMC and never had any issues :)

Hi Lisa :wave:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure, I am understanding about the Baer kit. Though, they might have mentioned that there would be a delay when I ordered it. And I would have been less irritated if they had indicated there were multiple different rear rotor sizes/types and that there would be delays with those too. This has been a whole host of matters that I haven't had to deal with when ordering from many other vendors from this site and others. I don't like tossing anyone under the bus, but I think I am being very fair considering the thousands of dollars I have spent on various car parts over the years without this much hassle.

·
Registered
881 Posts
ive had similar problem in my shipping

i am an international customer and i was told to expect 6-10 days and my item arrived on the 18th day. i asked them about it and they keep telling its not in their hands!!!
well i understand but please mention it earlier

for the record their sales team is quick and responsive but i had expected better customer service.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Again, I am very sorry for the poor communication with your order and that you did not receive our initial email regarding the 3.5L rotors you ordered for your 5.7L but we are here to help make things right and I know Mikey steered you in the right direction with proper parts for your car. Thanks for hanging in there and giving us a chance to resolve this for you. We appreciate your business and support, and hope the shipping discount is helpful as well.

ive had similar problem in my shipping

i am an international customer and i was told to expect 6-10 days and my item arrived on the 18th day. i asked them about it and they keep telling its not in their hands!!!
well i understand but please mention it earlier

for the record their sales team is quick and responsive but i had expected better customer service.
We appreciate your business and we are one of the few companies that ship daily to international customers, so we are very familiar with the process. You ordered on December 29, 2010 and we shipped your order via USPS as you requested on December 30, 2010. USPS gives as estimated 6-10 day delivery time frame from the US to Saudi Arabia and while we generally hear that customers receive their packages during that time frame, there are occasionally exceptions as there are customs delays and travel issues. I realize your frustration with the delay but once it leaves our shop and is in USPS' hands there is little we can do, although we did call them almost daily to try and locate the package for a status for you. We still haven't been able to find out what caused the delay, but being at the end of the year with several holidays after the shipping date it's possible that contributed. Again, we appreciate your business and hope we can help you with something in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts