Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so check out my luck...
as some of you may have read elsewhere on here, I am in the process of buying a Charger.
for reasons beyond my control (I sold my last car before I bought the charger...stupid me), I need to purchase within the next 2 weeks.

It's already been 2 weeks into this back and forth thing.
At first, I wanted vanilla...only to be informed that there were none in the market area (Minnesota) available cuz it was a limited or discontinued, blah blah...i was like ok.

So I ask for stone white. again, after a week, i was informed that with the set of options I want (or don't want), there are no stone whites available however they will be rolling out a new set in a month. I dont have time like that.

From the very beginning I knew I didn't want black because someone a few houses down already has that color.

So now I'm left with the choice of the Bright Silver Metallic or Midnight Blue (because frankly I can't see the following options working with other colors)

Both of these seem fine, but I'm getting wood grain on the dash, chrome 22's and a chrome or Charger mesh grill. The woodgrain is either maroonish or orangish.
The rims: http://www.stradawheels.com/pgs/s07.html

Woodgrain in a silver car? I dont think so.

Given my current situation and options, I should probably go with the Midnight blue, right?

I'm stoked to get the charger either way...but with the set of stuff I'm putting on it...I wanna make sure the color I choose works well with the grain, rims and grill.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I think the wood-grain with Silver would look awsome. Most of the Lexus's are that way. My brother has a Silver lexus with woodgrain steering wheel, dash, etc. I think it's awsome with Silver.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Everytime I see the Midnight Blue, Im impressed with it. Its a nice color, and I think you should be happy with it.

I am a little confused about why the wood grain interior would look bad with the Silver though. I see silver, grey...hell, all color cars with wood grain interiors, and it doesnt look bad. I tend to dislike silver anyway, and I do like the blue, so I say go for blue, but I dont know if the interior options make that much of a difference. Head to a Benz, or any other high end, dealership and you'll see all sorts of colors with wood interiors.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats true...
i never thought about htat. ur right a lot of cars do. i just had this picture in my head where the silver was like immediately next to the woodgrain and it didnt seem to fit. but i suppose since the interior isnt silver obviously, that could work. haha, but yes, ill remember that.
thanks for the input again

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
shazzy2005 said:
thats true...
i never thought about htat. ur right a lot of cars do. i just had this picture in my head where the silver was like immediately next to the woodgrain and it didnt seem to fit. but i suppose since the interior isnt silver obviously, that could work. haha, but yes, ill remember that.
thanks for the input again

I'm not sure what part of Minnesota you are in or the options you are looking for, but Delano Dodge (www.delanododge.com) has 1 white charger R/T in stock. If you are close to them, check it out and talk to Steve Nelson, he sold me my daytona.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts