Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2006 SRT
A couple of days ago I pulled fuses 11,14, & 16 and cycled the key to reset the adaptives. All I can say is WOW! Throttle respose was great, shifts were firmer and more predictable, WOT runs were awsome.
Well, evidently, cruising around locally in traffic has done it's thing to the adaptives, it's back the way it was (or close) before the reset.
Does anyone know of a way to disable the adaptive learning?
I searched the forum and found nothing pertaining to being able to do this.
Would a tuner be able to disable the adaptive learning?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
You can't disable the adaptives. You can however tune the car with the Predator to be more responsive and mitigate the adaptives influence.

Also, things like the Tranzformer can reduce a lot of what the adaptives do to the tranny (which is what's generally most noticeable).

After that, it's about mechanical stuff like Blue Tops in the Tranny and more power under the hood so that the adaptive influence is reduced. (more power under the hood also usually includes a tune).

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't disable the adaptives. You can however tune the car with the Predator to be more responsive and mitigate the adaptives influence.

Also, things like the Tranzformer can reduce a lot of what the adaptives do to the tranny (which is what's generally most noticeable).

After that, it's about mechanical stuff like Blue Tops in the Tranny and more power under the hood so that the adaptive influence is reduced. (more power under the hood also usually includes a tune).
Sounds like there's a tuner and Tranzformer in my future then....:D

What are "Blue Tops"? Not familiar with that....

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Alternatively, just drive it hard enough that they are always in hard mood.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alternatively, just drive it hard enough that they are always in hard mood.
As much as I would like to do just that, I live in a residential area right next to an office park, which is where I work. My daily commute to work, if I catch all 3 traffic lights red, takes less than 5 minutes. If I catch them green, or even some of them green, it's around 3 minutes. Between the other traffic, the police and fire stations I have to pass, and all the cops cruising around the area, I am not able to open it up like I want.

I appreciate the info on the Blue Tops. The linked thread didn't explain too much. Is this a DIY type install or better to have a reputable shop handle it?
I have never tore into an auto trans before, but I have seen some torn down and they appear very intimidating. At least the hydro ones anyway. Have never seen inside an electronic like the NAG1.

I appreciate all the good info supplied.

I'm new to the Hemi and the Charger. I've had an 03 Durango since new, and still have it, so I'm no stranger to Dodge. My Charger is the first car I've owned since about 1993; had a Dakota, an F150(ugh! the horror stories I can tell here!), an 01 Durango SLT, and now my 03 Durango R/T.

Thanks!

·
Registered
337 Posts
My daily commute to work, if I catch all 3 traffic lights red, takes less than 5 minutes. If I catch them green, or even some of them green, it's around 3 minutes. Thanks!
I Hate You. :-|

Just joking, but I am envious. 65 miles, one way, in I95 (DC) traffic if I choose to drive. Minimum of an hour on a good day, been upwards of five hours on not so good days.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Hate You. :-|

Just joking, but I am envious. 65 miles, one way, in I95 (DC) traffic if I choose to drive. Minimum of an hour on a good day, been upwards of five hours on not so good days.
LOL
No problem.
I used to have a 26 mile each way commute, and with the Durango, I was spending around 260.00/week in gas. My rent at the time was 600/month.
Since I moved closer to work, I now spend about 180.00 each month on gas, but my rent went to 1050/month. Overall, I'm spending less, a lot less. Plus that 26 miles each way, in Nashville traffic, usually turned out to be 60-90 minutes each way, so I also gained back 2-3 hours/day of my life, plus an additional measeure of sanity.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I hear you, my daily commute is about seven miles and seven to eight minutes. There is one light, and I get to park about 30 feet from my desk. In the summertime, if I take the bike, might take me 15 miles :)

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
I think predator is actually worse with the adaptives. I torn between uninstalling the predator and losing the extra torque it provides and gaining a much smoother running trans...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts