Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im looking into buying my first Charger, my budget is about 10 to 13k. Here's what i found, that has me into this dilemma:

2010 All Black Charger SE 2.7L
Price: 10 995$ + 15% sales tax since its from a dealer
78 000 km (48k miles for my American friends )

2007 Charger SXT, All Black, Beige Leather
Price 11 000$ 9.5 % tax since its from an individual
86 000km (53 848 miles)
Both set of Winter & Summer tires

So my question is...which one should i go for?? the first is a 2010 but only a 2.7, still under warranty, with less mileage, the other is 07 a 3.5 with more mileage, but it has leather and comes with brand new winter tires...

·
Registered
369 Posts
So im looking into buying my first Charger, my budget is about 10 to 13k. Here's what i found, that has me into this dilemma:

86 000km (53 848 miles)

So my question is...which one should i go for?? the first is a 2010 but only a 2.7, still under warranty, with less mileage, the other is 07 a 3.5 with more mileage, but it has leather and comes with brand new winter tires...
I would go for the sxt with the 3.5l. The 2.7l charger is underpowered for its weight, also the 2.7l has almost the same miles as the 3.5 and its 3 years newer; meaning it was driven alot in two years. Before you purchase either of them i would either bring a mechanic friend with you or bring it to a mechanic to check it out first.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Where are you located? Might help so others can point you in the direction of other ones available. Judging by the fact that you listed the mileage in KMs, I'm going to guess Canada. You should be able to find 2006 5.7Ls in your price range, but of the two you listed I'd definitely go for the 3.5L SXT you will be much happier. Or if you want to stick with a V6, look to find a 2008 or newer 3.5L as they have a much improved interior IMO. Not as nice as the 2011+ ones, but nicer than the 2007 and older.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
GO with the SXT. I like it better if you ask me. I was looking at the SXT and test drove a 2.7 that was newer and a lot nicer but I still liked the SXT more. But in the end, I spent the little more and found an RT.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
SXT all the way. I own a 2010 sxt and I love her!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

86 000km (53 848 miles)

If you need a build sheet on these to help you with the decision, PM me the vins and I will send them to you. I will also check for any recalls or warranty restrictions.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Where are you located? Might help so others can point you in the direction of other ones available. Judging by the fact that you listed the mileage in KMs, I'm going to guess Canada. You should be able to find 2006 5.7Ls in your price range, but of the two you listed I'd definitely go for the 3.5L SXT you will be much happier. Or if you want to stick with a V6, look to find a 2008 or newer 3.5L as they have a much improved interior IMO. Not as nice as the 2011+ ones, but nicer than the 2007 and older.
X2!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
9 Posts
We have an 08 with the 3.5 SXT and love it! We also have an 04 Concord with the 2.7L and its a problem waiting to happen. I'm not sure if they have improved the motor but I will not buy another with that motor.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
ummm... for that price you can negotiate yourself into a 2007 5.7 hemi with mds...
if only those 2 choices id get the 3.5 if mechanic friend says all is good to go, plus it's full up on your entertainment to make up for the lack of power you will be missing out on... 5.7, 6.1, 5.9, 6.4 all spell out... FUN!!!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
ummm... for that price you can negotiate yourself into a 2007 5.7 hemi with mds...
if only those 2 choices id get the 3.5 if mechanic friend says all is good to go, plus it's full up on your entertainment to make up for the lack of power you will be missing out on... 5.7, 6.1, 5.9, 6.4 all spell out... FUN!!!
Would love to find an RT for that price.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
oh right, their sales went up a few years straight now you cant find them that cheap... i got my 07 rt in 2009 really low... some hard negotiating will get you close

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Yeah they went up when I went to buy one. I payed too much but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love the RT. I was talking to my wife and we think if I went with the SXT instead the novelty would have worn off by now. The RT still puts a smile on my face when driving.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I'm with you on that one, it lights my face up all the time, and I love when people wanna get into that lane next to you at a red light so they can get ahead, if they weren't such jerks (keep inching up by the time the green light pops they are already in the intersection basically) I would let them have it, but this HEMI on the side wants the lead lol
They offered me a 2006 SXT at the same price as my 2007 RT I said Nahhhh, thus walked out that day driving my baby
Have GPS on mah phone, music on mah phone, music mp3 cds, can do 6 cd's in mah car, nice big ol tires, and same mpg *gotta love that MDS* wtf I need SXT for if im putting in my own subwoofers n amp!? pshhht yea whateva! overweight without the muscle to pull it...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts