Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last time I took the Charger in, they wanted to change the oil in my differential. I turned them down, but I'm due for another regular oil change and I don't know if I need this differential service as well.

Frankly, I've owned a '72 Plymouth Fury (360 big block), an '82 Dodge 4x4 (383 out of a Roadrunner), and an '88 Dodge Dakota (four-banger) and I never changed out the diff oil in any of those.

Is the SRT some special case for diff oil?

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
The last time I took the Charger in, they wanted to change the oil in my differential. I turned them down, but I'm due for another regular oil change and I don't know if I need this differential service as well.

Frankly, I've owned a '72 Plymouth Fury (360 big block), an '82 Dodge 4x4 (383 out of a Roadrunner), and an '88 Dodge Dakota (four-banger) and I never changed out the diff oil in any of those.

Is the SRT some special case for diff oil?
The dealership wants to change it because they can sell another service as it is a profit center for them.

However, the importance on the differential with the SRT8 is filmstrength and keeping the lube on the gearteeth and surfaces. Although the factory differential lube is a synthetic that has a rating of 75w140. Regardless, the filmstrength of that OEM fluid is not the best for long term use. I have taken out several fluids even in the 30k mile range and it has come out brown with significant metal contaminants interspersed with it.

This is why I have designed the QuantumBlue 75w115 and 75w140 Ultra High Performance gearlubes that are specifically custom blended for the internal design of these differentials. We add better filmstrength, tackifiers to keep the lube on the ring gear, pinion gear, and the spyders that will withstand 386 mph but cushion and produce anti-wear and anti-friction properties that greatly improve power and reduce heat. These lubricants exceed API GL-5, SAE J2360, MT-1, MIL-PRF-21050E or MACK GO-J

Better custom designed fluids produce better results and longer life driveline components.

Thanks
Brian
440-821-9040 :bigthumb:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Look at your Owners Manual maintenance schedule. The differential fluid change is listed. On my car it says to change it at 48000 miles. My dealer opens up the differential and cleans it, which costs more. Some dealers just change the fluid which will cost less.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts