Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin recently purchased (2) 2014 chargers RT both with factory HID headlights. One is a Max and the other is a Black Top Edition. I noticed that the HID lights on my Max are brighter than my Black Top. Does anyone know if they make different factory bulbs for these cars? I've done various searches and haven't found the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
My cousin recently purchased (2) 2014 chargers RT both with factory HID headlights. One is a Max and the other is a Black Top Edition. I noticed that the HID lights on my Max are brighter than my Black Top. Does anyone know if they make different factory bulbs for these cars? I've done various searches and haven't found the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:
They're supposed to be the same. Perhaps one car's headlights have been used/run more than the other. The more HID lights are on they yellow out and become less bright.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both cars have approximately 2000 miles on them and are driven about the same. I have a 08 300C and the factory HID's are still brighter then the 14 Charger. It doesn't make sense. I checked the alignment and aiming and that is all good.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
The 300c uses a D1S where the 14 either uses a D3S or D4S. But they're the same temperature...I would take it to the dealer and explain how dull they are. Make them give you new bulbs under warranty and see if they're brighter.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
No worries man. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Lights are pretty straight forward. I feel the factory HIDs in my 2012 are not that bright either. I'll just end up buying different bulbs come summer time.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
OP...listen to JD. His bulbs looked good! He has a thread on them somewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts