Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Could somebody please identify what the differences are between the Charger SRT8 suspension and the Charger R/T with the R&T package.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
The SRT8's have better Bilstien front struts, and shorter stiffer springs.
The rears have a different "nivomat" lopad leveling shock and again, shorter stiffer springs.
Thats about it.
The sways are the same, and the control arm knuckles are a bit differnt.
I have a R&T and I swapped out my stock suspension for the SRT8 parts.
Lowered her about 1/2 to 3/4" and stiffened up the car a lot

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I test drove the RT with r/t before I purchased the SRT8. The SRT8 is alot stiffer.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I test drove the RT with r/t before I purchased the SRT8. The SRT8 is alot stiffer.
How much stiffer are we talking? Is it to the point where it gets annoying from all the bouncing around from the most minute bump/dip/pothole? Coming from an R/T (no R&T), what can I expect if i were to upgrade to this suspension? Pros? Cons?

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
How much stiffer are we talking? Is it to the point where it gets annoying from all the bouncing around from the most minute bump/dip/pothole? Coming from an R/T (no R&T), what can I expect if i were to upgrade to this suspension? Pros? Cons?
The '08s have an even better ride. But the SRT-8 handling, braking and acceleration makes an R/T no comparison.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
when i swapped in the SRT suspension, the fronts were obviously different, the rears had the same part number on the shocks, the springs were a tad shorter.

the ride was alot better with the R&T, handling is better with the SRT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts