Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently ordered the catch can for AFE. I went to install it and its impossible to turn because of the location of the sensor. Did I recieve the correct unit? If so any tips on how to install this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I recently ordered the catch can for AFE. I went to install it and its impossible to turn because of the location of the sensor. Did I recieve the correct unit? If so any tips on how to install this would be greatly appreciated.
I haven't gone to put mine in yet but is there any chance that you are trying to install it with the can on the base? If so, would you get the clearance by first installing the base and then screwing the can on that?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I unscrewed the bottom section and just trying to attach the top. There is really no clearance to screw it on.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I knew it wasn't going to be that simple.
Here's a picture of one installed under what looks like an aftermarket intake. Could be your type. It looks like it is very tight on the can.
Call or e-mail Billet. They are excellent at responding and they'll lete you know if you have to pull the sensor out and then reinstall.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,369 Posts

I'm sending you a PM. All the catch cans have been lowered so I don't know where the problem may be.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had to remove my AFE Stage 2 before installing the can. Not a big deal...it just took a little longer than expected. -Bill

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That should do it. I'll just take the intake off the car and install the catch can. I must say that catch can does look amazing and is great quality!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts