Charger Forums banner
621 - 637 of 637 Posts

· Premium Member
12,080 Posts
From what I recall, in the US most dealerships have been charging around $200 for the key and programming together. I don't think you can get a key pre-programmed and shipped. You might also see if a locksmith local to you can program one.

Blank, unprogrammed keys are available on ebay but some dealerships and locksmiths won't touch them.

· Registered
529 Posts
From what I recall, in the US most dealerships have been charging around $200 for the key and programming together. I don't think you can get a key pre-programmed and shipped. You might also see if a locksmith local to you can program one.

Blank, unprogrammed keys are available on ebay but some dealerships and locksmiths won't touch them.
Thank you

I've found some of them on ebay but if you're right it'll be useless since locksmiths in my city (I live in Europe) won't touch them probably

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
650 Posts
I got new keys for 10.00. Had them cut at Walmart for free and they work fine. Oh and they are a cool blue color.
(They had no electronics. I took the electronics out if the old key, which is simple, and put in the new ones.)

2006 Dodge Charger R/T, SRT8 Airaid Ram Air CAI, 85mm T-Body, 185 T-Stat, Blinker, NOESP, Cabin Air Filter, SRT8 Wheels, SRT8 Spoiler & Hood, BT Oil Catch Can, BT Under Hood & Interior, De-molded, Daytona Grill, Eibach Springs & Shocks/Struts, Cherry Bomb Cat back, Rear Air Diffuser, Diablo, Chin Spoiler, & Hood Struts.

· Registered
318 Posts

The local ACE here in Galt, CA. of all places have a machine to program keys, if you get a blank and bring it in, they will program and cut the pop out key for you.

You might try to find somewhere around you that advertises that they can program and cut keys.

· Registered
529 Posts
The local ACE here in Galt, CA. of all places have a machine to program keys, if you get a blank and bring it in, they will program and cut the pop out key for you.

You might try to find somewhere around you that advertises that they can program and cut keys.
So if I get a low budget uncut key then an official Dodge dealer can program it, right?
I mean no authentic Dodge key is needed to do that, right?

· Registered
6 Posts

Wow! Good to know considering I live in the huge town of Galt as well... Never knew they did that thanks.:rocker:

· Registered
17 Posts
I purchased a blank "foldable" key on ebay ..
Those are 7.5cm in lenght, almost 2cm less than the OEM key.

Then I opened one of my OEM keys to get the interior electronics ..

Simply put the circuit board with battery into the blank case of the folding key.
Then went to a locksmith who cut the key within a minute ..

Works great ... and you aren't in danger to spike your balls :grin2: when having the standard key in one of your front pockets ...

· Registered
529 Posts
Great!
I purchased one of those blank "foldable" keys on ebay but when I opened it I couldn't do it.
There are one or more springs (I can't remember).
I wish I could see a youtube with directions.

· Registered
381 Posts
I bought a blank one on amazon and got it programmed and cut locally. The guy quoted me at $65 over the phone (same as dealer) and I asked him if he had the same deal the dealer had where if it doesn't work they still charge you. He was honestly confused and just said "I won't charge you if it doesn't work". Drove there and got it done right away. My trunk unlock never even worked on the old key and it does on the new one.

Reactions: BoomerSpeed01

· Banned
7 Posts
dodge

honestly, the wires are going to the latch and to the plate lights. just unplugg it all, and slowly pull it all out. make sure there are on t like plastic clips that are taped to the harness that hold it to the trunk lid. just look around in there before you take it out, and as your pulling it out. once you have it fixed, and the wires back in place, i would zip tie the wires to the trunk lid. they are obiviously moveing as you open and close the trunk.

· Registered
154 Posts
On a Pursuit, If you have your horn set to honk with door lock, you can turn the dash lights off with the left dimmer wheel (stakeout mode), then the horn will not honk with the door lock.

· Registered
2013 Dodge Charger Police/Pursuit
59 Posts
Any tips/tricks for someone about to buy an ex-cop charger? All lights and antennas were removed, holes filled and repainted, so I don't really need any tips about the lights or sirens (that I know of...)

Mainly just looking for any advice anyone can give on any topic.

· Registered
154 Posts
Any tips/tricks for someone about to buy an ex-cop charger? All lights and antennas were removed, holes filled and repainted, so I don't really need any tips about the lights or sirens (that I know of...)

Mainly just looking for any advice anyone can give on any topic.
Make sure it does not tick. Get service records if at all possible. I was able to talk to the Sheriff from the county my 2014 came from. Check the idle hours, not just miles. See if the rear doors have been made civilian friendly again. Know that the rear doors dont unlock when you open the door to get out, just the fronts do. The button on the trunk lid is non-functional. Check the wiring as much as possible to see if it was a hack removal (wires just hanging cut off).

Thats all i can think of right now 😴

621 - 637 of 637 Posts