Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here they are, along with photos of the stage 2 heads and many shots of the cars in the shop this week. We are still scheduled to start shipping July 23, 2007. These shafts are rated at 800rwhp and they are constructed of 300m chromoly. The retail cost of the half-shafts are $1995. If you are interested in the stage 2 heads, they retail for $2195 and we have a 20 day wait as of today.

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q170/PowerPortedPerformance/

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
That dog picture was sure ugly

·
Registered
40 Posts
So what is the main difference between the stage 1 heads and the stage 2 (for the 5.7) and what about the power difference...

·
Registered
734 Posts
Is there some sort of warranty that goes along with the half shafts? I know that generally performance parts don't come with one, but it would be nice, say, if I was able to break one using slicks and converter on a car making 400 RWHP.

Also, I am assuming that price is for both of them... correct?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here they are, along with photos of the stage 2 heads and many shots of the cars in the shop this week. We are still scheduled to start shipping July 2, 2007. These shafts are rated at 800rwhp and they are constructed of 300m chromoly. The retail cost of the half-shafts are $1995. We are letting the first 5 go at $1895 and have 2 of those already sold. If you are interested, we are requiring 50% deposits and will charge the remaining balance once we ship the half-shafts out. If you are interested in the stage 2 heads, they retail for $2195 and we have a 20 day wait as of today.

What is the torque rating???? I would like you to explain to me how you rate a halfshaft for hp.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Damn, I dont even have my charger yet and these prices on these parts are making me realize how long my charger might only have an intake and exhaust :lol: Pics look good tho :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
What is the price of the stock half shafts? I seem to remember that they weren't that much more expensive... although, I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
What is the price of the stock half shafts? I seem to remember that they weren't that much more expensive... although, I don't know for sure.

Stock halfshafts(each) are around $950 retail. Basically you're gonna pay the same price; slightly higher, than OEM but you will (supposedly) not be breaking the axles any more. I don't know of ANY LX car that's making anything near 800whp but it would be nice to see.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cost is $1995 for both. OEM halfshafts are generally around $1500+ for a set. DSS is making them. They are rated at 800rwhp. I do not have a tq rating, but I will inquiry tomorrow. I will also take with DSS about warranty as there will also be a possibility that the half-shafts were installed incorrectly.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Think I'll take a set Jeremy....But it'll be end of August.....can you keep a set on shelf for me???

·
Registered
144 Posts
Jeremy;

Would having these half shafts included in the T3/T4 turbo , cam and stage II heads package you will be installing on my Superbee allow the boost to be increased over the 5-6 lbs. we currently have planned for?

I sure would like more boost if it is safe to do so.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here they are, along with photos of the stage 2 heads and many shots of the cars in the shop this week. We are still scheduled to start shipping July 2, 2007. These shafts are rated at 800rwhp and they are constructed of 300m chromoly. The retail cost of the half-shafts are $1995. We are letting the first 5 go at $1895 and have 2 of those already sold. If you are interested, we are requiring 50% deposits and will charge the remaining balance once we ship the half-shafts out. If you are interested in the stage 2 heads, they retail for $2195 and we have a 20 day wait as of today.

Wow, I've been out of the car hobby too long. $2000 for a couple of half shafts? It was not too long ago a narrowed Dana rear for my drag car was less than that! Hope mine don't break!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Are the stage II heads you're referring to, the ones I just bought from you?
Chase

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Wow that is way too pricy, now way that im spending that much money on half shafts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts