Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier I was doing some work on my car where I had to disconnect my battery, I didn't think it was gonna be that long but it was disconnected for about 20 min. I had 5 cd's in my stock Radio. When I re-connected the battery the cd player was making noises, kinda like moving thru cd's. Later when I Drove the car the cd player didn't wanna work, when I press mode only SAT shows, no cd player?? Can someone please explain what happened. It's the stock 6 disc mp3 player. Hopefully it ain't broke and maybe there's a re-connect procedure for it.

Thanks
Marcos

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Earlier I was doing some work on my car where I had to disconnect my battery, I didn't think it was gonna be that long but it was disconnected for about 20 min. I had 5 cd's in my stock Radio. When I re-connected the battery the cd player was making noises, kinda like moving thru cd's. Later when I Drove the car the cd player didn't wanna work, when I press mode only SAT shows, no cd player?? Can someone please explain what happened. It's the stock 6 disc mp3 player. Hopefully it ain't broke and maybe there's a re-connect procedure for it.

Thanks
Marcos
This happened to me once. I pulled the fuse for the radio for about 30 seconds (can't remember the fuse number, looked it up in the book), it cycled through CD's again, and about a minute later started working.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Yeah, that sounds like when mine went T.U. Like I said, if you're still under warranty (and you should be) take it in. They will replace it and can rescue your CDs.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
I feel you bro, and when mine went out, I was having to go to Boerne, and leave it! Fiesta is my place of choice and they have a good turn around time.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel you bro, and when mine went out, I was having to go to Boerne, and leave it! Fiesta is my place of choice and they have a good turn around time.
That's where I'll be taking my car, A couple days ago they just finished doing lot of warranty work on my Lincoln ls, and they got a lot done for a day and a half. Also just for this I gotta take time off from work because they don't like to do warranty work on the weekend and also reset my stock tune from my predator, plus turn off my alarm, and If they're gonna make me leave it overnight I'm gonna make them fix the trunk rub too..plus the paint it messed up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.