Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my Predator in the mail, I went and filled up my tank, ACES IV and everything, flashed the chip and installed everything, took it out for a drive, and uhhh.... what? Sure there is a little more throttle response and possibly a little more torque, but what actually changed? I put on the 93octane CAI tune, my specs are below... anyone have any suggestions or similar thoughts? anyone know the exact changes made in the Predator Performance Tunes?

Thanks as always!

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Well you didnt raise shift points, or shift points, or reset the TCM...

·
Registered
539 Posts
yeah, try increasing the shift firmness and reset the tcm if you haven't. you could also try the 91 tune as well. some guys get better results with that tune. i've also heard that some guys don't feel the difference right away and that it usually kicks in the next day after the car "learns something". good luck, man. let us know.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So I just got my Predator in the mail, I went and filled up my tank, ACES IV and everything, flashed the chip and installed everything, took it out for a drive, and uhhh.... what? Sure there is a little more throttle response and possibly a little more torque, but what actually changed? I put on the 93octane CAI tune, my specs are below... anyone have any suggestions or similar thoughts? anyone know the exact changes made in the Predator Performance Tunes?

Thanks as always!
What version is on your predator? You may need to update to the latest version. When I did this, I could tell a huge difference. Change shift points, reset tcm as well. Version code comes up when you power up the predator. Updates are available on their site.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Did you fill it up with 93 octane fuel? I don't know enough about Aces IV and how many points is raises the octane rating! It will take a while until you fine tune your car. It looks like you just started to mod.........it gets better!:beerchug:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What version is on your predator? You may need to update to the latest version. When I did this, I could tell a huge difference. Change shift points, reset tcm as well. Version code comes up when you power up the predator. Updates are available on their site.
Just updated it before I flashed the chip, and I am running 93 octane BP gas.

·
Registered
935 Posts
This in not going top help a whole lot, but also change out your tstat so you run cooler. good luck keep us posted

·
Registered
856 Posts
raising the rpm shift point will make a big difference. i could tell right away the big difference and i am running the 91cai tune, i am getting aces IV this week and will change to 93cai tune and run 89 octane fuel.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Custom tunes are VIN-locked which means they can't be shared between cars. Raising the shift points really only helps if you have major engine work (such as heads and a cam). Be sure to increase shift firmness, though. That will make a difference.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Custom tunes are VIN-locked which means they can't be shared between cars. Raising the shift points really only helps if you have major engine work (such as heads and a cam). Be sure to increase shift firmness, though. That will make a difference.
Thanks! Good to know!

·
Registered
275 Posts
You should see a big difference! I ran the 93 CAI load with firmed up shifting in my 06 Daytona and is was a big difference. I really noticed it when I loaded the stock load before I traded the car in and I could not believe how much of a dog the car was without Diablo.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just put this in 5 days ago for the 1st time.My car is totally a different car,more of a beast.When i get on this thing now-it moves.Doesnt studder step like it did before!!

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
raising the rpm shift point will make a big difference. i could tell right away the big difference and i am running the 91cai tune, i am getting aces IV this week and will change to 93cai tune and run 89 octane fuel.
Do NOT listen to the folks telling you to raise your shift points. You car does NOT need it. You will acutally lose performance by raising them and getting out of your powerband.

Things to do:
1. Reset the TCM (do this now!)
2. Increase shift firmness (makes it shift like a SRT8)
3. Run the tune that works best.

You may need to data log to get the 93 tune to work for you. Many people get too much know with this tune and it actually runs worse than with the 91 tune. I know this is a major issue with SRT8s, and R/Ts probably have similar issues. I personally do not trust fuel addatives either...this might be an issue. So like others said, you might want to try the 91 tune and see if it makes the car perform better.

The Predator isn't going to give you a huge jump in power. It will make the transmission perform much better though, and to me this is the biggest upgrade.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do NOT listen to the folks telling you to raise your shift points. You car does NOT need it. You will acutally lose performance by raising them and getting out of your powerband.

Things to do:
1. Reset the TCM (do this now!)
2. Increase shift firmness (makes it shift like a SRT8)
3. Run the tune that works best.

You may need to data log to get the 93 tune to work for you. Many people get too much know with this tune and it actually runs worse than with the 91 tune. I know this is a major issue with SRT8s, and R/Ts probably have similar issues. I personally do not trust fuel addatives either...this might be an issue. So like others said, you might want to try the 91 tune and see if it makes the car perform better.

The Predator isn't going to give you a huge jump in power. It will make the transmission perform much better though, and to me this is the biggest upgrade.
Just did this. took those three steps, then installed the 91 cai tune... much better, noticeable difference. thanks everyone!

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I also recommned resetting your TCM ever few months. You can play with the raised shift points if you want, but this will slow you down accelerating. Higher rev limit might be advatagous if you autocross or something like that where you want to be able to hold a gear a bit longer in a corner.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
what do you mean by resetting the tcm? is that a menu item in the pred or is it the same as removing the adaptives?

·
Registered
750 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
^^^ cool thanks - yea im a goof, i just looked at the pred and it was the same as resetting the addaptives. i also just reinstalled the 91 tune. i had been running the 93 and swore that i lost some performance, and my 0-60 times got about a half second slower on average. at first i thought i was mental but after reading this thread and another like it. i am sure it was the 93 tune and not my head! :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts