Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DiabloSport's almost ready to release the Predator for shipping.

No, that's not a joke. Seriously now. The plan is to have the Predator's out the door by the end of this month which is only a week away. We should have them in between the 31st and the 4th/5th (due to the holiday weekend). I'm told that the SRT-8 LX tuning has been completed and that they're finishing up the 5.7L tuning right now so it will be ready for the release. The transmission upgrades should be completed in time for the release too. The first batch out of production is coming to HHP for the group buy members so we're expecting to have these tuners before anyone else.

There has been a lot of misinformation posted over the past few weeks and to clear up any confusion with the group buy and stop the need for blood letting by a few of you, here's where things stand with the whole group buy.

(1) Our price was set to be the lowest for this group buy. Anyway you look at it, you received an awesome deal. DiabloSport took care of all of the low-bidders who unexpectedly created a huge mess when they came in selling lower than our group buy price on the Predator package. If our price wasn't so low, theirs would never have been as low, practically at-cost, for their group buys. We've held off posting anything up here until the situation was dealt with because it took some time to get things straightened out between DiabloSport and the other venders. We were told not to price match and to pretty much just 'stand by' until the situation was dealt with. It has been and DiabloSport has told us that there is no prices to match anymore. No customer should have been put in a position where they feel that they didn't get an awesome deal from HHP on this group buy. You guys received an awesome price on the Predator package that will not be offered ever again and there's no reason to be any less excited about the Predator's release or your decision to participate in this group buy.

(2) I don't know where it came from but some of you guys are making a stink over the funds paid in on this group buy. Participants were charged up front, as we told you you would be in the Group Buy notification. We also said that "non-warranted" cancellations would be subject to a small cancellation fee due to the non-refundable processing fees we are charged. Every large group buy we've ever done, and we've done a whole lot of these, runs in this format. Unlike our competitors who only have 20 or 30 sold, we have over 250 sold. The only way we can run these group buys is to do them in this format and we notified everyone of this in the group buy emails and pm's. Other venders like to push the "we don't charge you until it ships" angle because they think it makes them look better but that's easy to do when you've only sold 5, 10 or 20 units.

(3) And lastly, for those of you who are raising a stink because the Mike's from DiabloSport have posted that they haven't charged or been paid for any tuners (which is not the full story), I want to clear up some things. Some of you guys have voiced in the forums your speculations rather than simply ask. HHP paid up front for our Group Buy Predators... but wait for the 'but'. We next day'd down a certified bank check on July 26th to PK, who is the Sales Manager. On the 8th, Kem Smith in DiabloSport's accounting dept. sent the check back to us, undeposited, due to the delay in the release. They didn't want to deposit the check or even sit on the check due to the delay. To say that they have not received payments, well, depends on how you interpret it. Currently, I am holding the certified check, waiting for word to next day it back down to them. The funds are being held by our bank and though it really shouldn't be of any concern, it is out of our accounts since this is a certified check. DiabloSport's posting that they received no payments nor charged anyone isn't the full truth.

Please don't continue to kill the messenger, Random Access, who has worked harder than anyone else outside of DiabloSport to bring you all of the information, communication and this record breaking group buy (our last major group buy was 220 units of another HEMI tuner). Michael has done an awesome job, given you 100% truthful information, gotten more involvement from DiabloSport's "guys in the know" than we would have had had it not been for his constant pushing for more info. From Michael and HHP you guys have received nothing but the best. From DiabloSport, you guys will be getting nothing but the best. It's almost here, lets all get back to square one and get ready for the highly anticipated Predator's release.

Thanks!
Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to send this, Josh. It's the small percentage of people who gripe and whine that often drowns out the majority, who sit and wait patiently. I'm sure if anyone ever had a "real" concern, they would've canceled their order long ago. Looking forward to comparing it to my Superchips. Thanks again.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Well said Joshua

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thanks Joshua! Im freakin giddy. I have been putting off my Kooks and catback install in anticipation of this programmer.
Id like to have Diablo tune my setup so that others can reap the benfits and get a canned Long tube, CAI and catback tune.
Thanks again,
Shane

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Thank you sir for the update. I must say I was rather upset when I found lower prices then the groupbuy out there. THis update made me feel better and I'm happy we finally are getting a solid date to expect shipment. I really hope we get these soon, and thanks again for doing this.

·
Registered
60 Posts
AWESOME response!
Thanks Josh for this opportunity!

·
Registered
105 Posts
But what about the millions you are sitting on in interest!! :lol:

Thanks for the update and having the group buy, I am sure it hasn't been easy on you guys. :knockout:

·
Registered
285 Posts
not to come in late, but who mucn is it?

·
HHP Group Buy Coordinator
219 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Josh!

I'll distribute to the other forums!

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Thank you Joshua for the information. I can't wait to get my Predator.....

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
Here is an update...

From the company President:

Here is what many of you have been asking for.

DiabloSport is happy to announce we are about ready to put everything

into production.

You asked for it and you got it.. which is somewhat the cause of some of

the delays.

You wanted your LX HEMI supported..you got it.

2005-2007 5.7, 6.1 SRT8's, red ones, silver ones, even Plum Crazy purple

ones. We even put int the SRT8 Jeep too.

You wanted more power.. you got it.

+20 RWHP increase on avg with a few simple key presses.

You wanted the ability to modify your B&G tuned PCM... you got it.

Read it in and tweak it how you or B&G wants.

You wanted Custom Tuning ability... you got it.

Beyond the built-in DiabloSport tunes, you can have up to 5 custom tunes

at your fingertips. Custom tunes are available from any of our network

of CMR Custom Tuning dealers who have our DCX tuning package.

You wanted adjustable parameters.. you got it.

Adjust your fuel, spark, idle, cooling fans, ESP, Torque Management,

more.. all up to you.

You wanted TCM support.. you got it.

Paddle Hold, Paddle Auto-Kick, Raised Shift points, Reset TCM Adaptives

are just a few.. most adjustable ON-THE-FLY!

You wanted a fast handheld.. you got it.

Reprograms the vehicle in 30-45 seconds.. some with only a single

ignition key cycle.

You wanted datalogging.. you got it.

Log parameters internally or stream them to a PC and view with our free

DAT Viewer software.

All DiabloSport LX HEMI Predators are Engineered to Raise Hell and are

also internet updateable and as we add new features, you get them for free.

Production usually takes 1-2 weeks and we expect to be shipping around

the middle of September barring any unforseen obstacles.

Also due to some vehicle dynamics with the DR HEMI trucks, they will not

be included in this release.

Thank You

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the quick repost! I hadn't had a chance to do it yet. The tuner, when it does hit your hands, will have some great features that we didn't think were going to be included right away and we're glad they are doing all of these. We can't wait to get these in and start putting them to the test.

Plus, it looks like the tuning software won't be too far behind, too.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
460 Posts
PMs sent trying to get in on group buy if it's not too late.

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
yep, I guess you did

·
Registered
706 Posts
Ok what is the final price of the group buy now? Good news thanks Josh....

·
Registered
820 Posts
What's the latest info & is it too late to get in on the group buy?

Also, if it's not too late. Please PM me the price. thanks!

·
Registered
460 Posts
It's not too late to get in, but the price will not be posted on the forum for the general public. You need to PM Random Access(post 10 above) with you email and name and he will send you the group buy info. I just got in on it last night so you all should be good. The price is worth it just so you know. Also, check out the group buy thread.

Brian

1 - 20 of 66 Posts