Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 994 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I got when I asked Diablosport the status of the programmer for the V6.

I do not have a status on this project at this time as we have other projects lined up before that, i can not give a time frame at this point.

> What is the status of a tuner for the 2007 Dodge Charger 3.5L V6?
>
> Thank you.

--
Sincerely:
Johan Mangs

DiabloSport INC
Automotive Calibration/ Research and Development

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dang, it seemed as though we were pretty close to getting one from the talk on the forums before. Oh well, at least my money will stay in my wallet a little longer.

Charger250, do you have a Caliber and a Charger? I just ask because I see 3.5L in your sig listed after the Caliber and I thought they all came with I-4s?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is funny. I fixed my signature, but yes I do have a 2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD, and a 2007 Dodge Charger SE with the 3.5L. With the end of year rebate, the 2 cars were almost the same cost. With the Charger I get one :confused: mpg less, but 78 more hp and a lot more torque. I like the Caliber, but it needs more power, and with only one mpg less why have a 4 cylendar?

See the following video for both my cars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScrGOLPybk4

·
Registered
839 Posts
Bastard a$$ lazy bums:mad:

·
Registered
902 Posts
they will get to it. this car is still very new and the aftermarket is just beginning to open up for the Hemi cars. We wait our turn and they will offer one sooner or later. If my kids acted the way some of the people have that have posted on the diablo forum, I wouldn't buy them chit. there is a lot of whining going on over there. i will just wait patianly, keep saying COME ON DIABLO!!!!

·
Registered
839 Posts
I dont care Im going to kick and scream till I get what I want and my daddy is going to buy it for me O.K. so what every you say bounces off me and sticks to you.:lol:

·
Registered
334 Posts
That is funny. I fixed my signature, but yes I do have a 2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD, and a 2007 Dodge Charger SE with the 3.5L. With the end of year rebate, the 2 cars were almost the same cost. With the Charger I get one :confused: mpg less, but 78 more hp and a lot more torque. I like the Caliber, but it needs more power, and with only one mpg less why have a 4 cylendar?

See the following video for both my cars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScrGOLPybk4
Ahhh, I see...I got my Charger last summer but was originally thinking about the Caliber...they were actually kind of hard to find back then as I was looking at the R/T...the SRT seemed pretty sweet from the pics and specs but then I found out that the SRT wouldn't be out for awhile and it was the end of the month plus employee pricing so I got my Charger :lol: Hope you enjoy both of your rides!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they will get to it. this car is still very new and the aftermarket is just beginning to open up for the Hemi cars. We wait our turn and they will offer one sooner or later. If my kids acted the way some of the people have that have posted on the diablo forum, I wouldn't buy them chit. there is a lot of whining going on over there. i will just wait patianly, keep saying COME ON DIABLO!!!!
There is no guarantee they will ever release a programmer for the V6, I would like a yes or no to that question. You are assuming they are definatly going to release one. They have been making the car for 2 years, and 3 model years now, so it has been some time.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahhh, I see...I got my Charger last summer but was originally thinking about the Caliber...they were actually kind of hard to find back then as I was looking at the R/T...the SRT seemed pretty sweet from the pics and specs but then I found out that the SRT wouldn't be out for awhile and it was the end of the month plus employee pricing so I got my Charger :lol: Hope you enjoy both of your rides!
The caliber is great, but the Charger has a lot more power for only 1 mpg less. They should have put a V6 in the Caliber. My Shadow had a 3.0L V6, and it made the car a lot more fun than the 2.2L 4. Still not a sports car, but definatly a usable car. 0-60 in 7 seconds is not to much to ask for.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I thought that Mike from Diablo posted on their forum that the v6 tuner was in works and that most of the hard part was completed and that he had only a few files left to write. that to me is saying either he is lying, which I doubt or that they are at least developing a tuner, which I doubt they would do with out plans to release it. so as far as I am concerned we have been given a definate answer as to whether or not there will be one just not an answer as to when.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Doesn't Diablo have a tuner for the V6 mustangs? I'm pretty sure they'll make one for v6 Chargers.

Another thing is...are we going to have as many options as the Hemi tuners?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Doesn't Diablo have a tuner for the V6 mustangs? I'm pretty sure they'll make one for v6 Chargers.

Another thing is...are we going to have as many options as the Hemi tuners?
as long as they have some basic options such as fuel adjustments per rpm, transmission line pressure, maybe an esp lockout, and a few canned tunes.... it should be on point.

what else does anyone really need?

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
The caliber is great, but the Charger has a lot more power for only 1 mpg less. They should have put a V6 in the Caliber. My Shadow had a 3.0L V6, and it made the car a lot more fun than the 2.2L 4. Still not a sports car, but definatly a usable car. 0-60 in 7 seconds is not to much to ask for.
Try the SRT-4 Caliber........sweet........:smoke:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I've been saying for a long time I'll believe when i see it. so they say there working on it>>>>>>> NOT
starting to be in the same boat as you....it just starting to see as realistically only a handful of people are really interested.:silenced:

·
Registered
358 Posts
had a tuner for my svt. My tuner was by sct, they were pretty good. The charger in my pinion will never come out for the V-6 as i already know sct is only in develepment for the 5.7 and 6.1 liter. There is just not enough power to boost the little engine that could (3.5)liter with out adding more than just a tune. and, in all reality; how much can the internals of the 3.5 handle? i've never seen any hard facts or members out there with true 3.5 monsters. Diablo is blowing smoke out our arses. I personally don't believe it till i see it. And that goes for all the tuner companies. I submit a chalange to all tuner companies. I'll even entertain the idea of giving them my car as a project car. SO LETS SEE WHAT THESE COMPANIES ARE MADE OF.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Excuse me for interrupting the thread but Samoan Tsunami you are really turning into a post junky youre all over the place, you should get some help for that.:) Just messen with ya dude you seem to be pretty knowledgeable of what you say and I enjoy the input. Keep posting.:clap:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Excuse me for interrupting the thread but Samoan Tsunami you are really turning into a post junky youre all over the place, you should get some help for that.:) Just messen with ya dude you seem to be pretty knowledgeable of what you say and I enjoy the input. Keep posting.:clap:
just tryin to learn more and help as much as i can from what i do no. never mean any harm. but thanx, brah!

theres so many other things that i never focused on, like interior and exterior with this car as opposed to my other cars. so much more stuff to learn, like leather interiors and independent sla suspension double din dvd setups.... a bit of a step up from front macpheresons and semi-independant rear trailing arm setups:grin: its like a new toy with new toys attached to it!:lol:

chargermedic said:
had a tuner for my svt. My tuner was by sct, they were pretty good. The charger in my pinion will never come out for the V-6 as i already know sct is only in develepment for the 5.7 and 6.1 liter. There is just not enough power to boost the little engine that could (3.5)liter with out adding more than just a tune. and, in all reality; how much can the internals of the 3.5 handle? i've never seen any hard facts or members out there with true 3.5 monsters. Diablo is blowing smoke out our arses. I personally don't believe it till i see it. And that goes for all the tuner companies. I submit a chalange to all tuner companies. I'll even entertain the idea of giving them my car as a project car. SO LETS SEE WHAT THESE COMPANIES ARE MADE OF.
i think the word is optimistic as opposed to pessimistic, but i think with boltons, if our computer is as restrictive as some make it out to be....up to 1 second can be shaved from an avg 1/4 mile time.... granted there are so many variables in saying that, but full interior, just adding parts and a tune, on a 250hp crank rating... i'm not saying it can be done, but with the gains other cars are getting, thats just a mild modest estimate, with room for growth.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Room for growth is to say the least. I just hear alot stuff from our forum members saying this is what they heard and this is what I believe and this is what we need. B&G is the only one i know of for 3.5

1 - 20 of 994 Posts