Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm glad everyone is having such a good experience with their Predators, I for one am not. I got mine from HHP on friday and was ecstatic. I went to plug it in and put in the 91 Octance CAI tune and I get a message that says "This tool is not licensed for use with this vehicle" WTF? So I call Diablosport and they tell me that someone must have used the programmer before me and that is why its locked. I look in the options and follow his instructions and it shows no VIN written to the programmer. But he insists that that is the problem. I find that hard to believe since it came in a sealed box but whatever. I called HHP this morning and of course they are closed for some Diablosport Event so I F****d until they open, then I have to wait for another one if they even have any more in stock. This sucks!!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Damn thats crazy and im sure its possible. Josh and his crew over at HHP is a very respectable team and im sure they'll make it right. I went down on Fri night and picked mine up, that shop is amazing. They had all SRT8's in the shop that they were working on, people flew there cars from as far as Canada and Calif to have work done on them by these guys, mostly 426's. I was very impressed.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Hmmmm. There's something wrong with this story.

I got mine last week - and, mine was "married to another vehicle" (not "This tool is not licensed for use with this vehicle"). Right out of the box - this was only about 1.5 Hrs. after it was delivered. Mike at DiabloSport helped me out over the phone, with ease. We had to do things to reset the tool so it could work, I will not elaborate.

I have verified with Mike that he's okay with me telling someone what happened.

Are you sure that is the EXACT message you saw?
Mine also had a vin of "." listed as the last tune written.

I believe that if you do get a Predator reset, and someone had used it on another vehicle, you'd burn the ability of restoring or modifying the changes made on the first vehicle.

Maybe try Mike at DiabloSport again. I think all HHP would be able to do is replace yours - an effective alternative, but more time consuming.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Maybe they just used your diablo for a few quick adjust and don't have a tune written?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Has anyone ordered from
T Byrne?

I placed mine during the middle of the last week in September, but have not received anything yet, plus I have overnight delivery. Has anyone got theirs, or does any one have an idea when those who ordered through them should get it? I am anxious. Thanks. Lol.:smoke:

·
Registered
928 Posts
diablo is still shipping them out to vendors, I talked to PPP today and they are expecting their lot to arrive (and I hope re ship) tomorrow. dont worry there are roughly 300 per day being produced, so for a week of production. means 1500 are "in transit" currently.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmmm. There's something wrong with this story.

I got mine last week - and, mine was "married to another vehicle" (not "This tool is not licensed for use with this vehicle"). Right out of the box - this was only about 1.5 Hrs. after it was delivered. Mike at DiabloSport helped me out over the phone, with ease. We had to do things to reset the tool so it could work, I will not elaborate.

I have verified with Mike that he's okay with me telling someone what happened.

Are you sure that is the EXACT message you saw?
Mine also had a vin of "." listed as the last tune written.

I believe that if you do get a Predator reset, and someone had used it on another vehicle, you'd burn the ability of restoring or modifying the changes made on the first vehicle.

Maybe try Mike at DiabloSport again. I think all HHP would be able to do is replace yours - an effective alternative, but more time consuming.
Mine is saying "This tool is not licensed for use with this vehicle and yes the VIN on mine is also "." but they said there was nothing they could do. Thanks for the info, I'll call Diablosport again in the morning.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Has anyone ordered from
T Byrne?

I placed mine during the middle of the last week in September, but have not received anything yet, plus I have overnight delivery. Has anyone got theirs, or does any one have an idea when those who ordered through them should get it? I am anxious. Thanks. Lol.:smoke:
Got mine Monday, but I ordered it early July.They're doing first come first serve, so you probably have a little wait. I was just as anxious, but it'll come.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.