Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:grin: Ok, Lets hear it from all you guys on just how you like the diablo and futhermore how does it stack up to the [email protected] stage 2 flash? Has anyone compared the two in their rides yet and if so would love to hear some feedback as personally i have the stage 2 and would like to know if i should just save my money and pass on the diablo for now!! Still dont know if they have the thing worked out between using the tuner on the [email protected] yet but would love to hear everyones real feelings on the two as some say they are near equal!!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I have a stock PCM, the B&G Stage II and I'm waiting for my Predator to ship. I'm betting that you can do more agressive things with Predator to enhance the performance than B&G typically does in general.

I'll report on my experience when I have more information.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Getting mine done this Saturday. Im already at 461 RWHP with a B&G STII so i am very curious especially as the B&G didn't add much!! :(

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I just wanna subscribe to this thread so I can see the results from dgreekman. :D Im stuck in what to do.... I have a B&G that needs to be reflashed for my car sitting on my desk, but Im curious what the diablo does/can do and if it lives up to its hype. I should just reflash the b&g whats a couple 100 at this point :D

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Getting mine done this Saturday. Im already at 461 RWHP with a B&G STII so i am very curious especially as the B&G didn't add much!! :(
Wow! Nice numbers! Can you share what your before vs. after #s were with your mods? How about mileage at a steady 70-75mph?

Thanks!

·
Registered
365 Posts
My baseline dyno was about 360 RWHP. After the port and polished heads and intake as well as the cam it put down 415. The shop said the gains were low because it needs more exhaust and especially a good tune. So after the B&G stg II it went back in the Dyno. 418 to the wheels. WTF. They were also shocked. What B&G did was not what the shop asked for. B&G did a standard com 268 flash and thats it. They did not care about the custom cam or the ported parts. Yes the shifting was improved but that about IT! So then i put on the kooks long tubes and hi-flow cats.....BAM....461 RWHP. This again with the same B&G flash. So we will see how the predator improves over what i have now for tuning.

·
Registered
140 Posts
:jeez: A gain of 43 rwhp just with kooks headers and high flow cats. Kinda like finding the missing piece to the puzzle then bang you got it and you get to see the picture all together. A lil heads up for the ones that say we don't need LT headers.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I just wanna subscribe to this thread so I can see the results from dgreekman. :D Im stuck in what to do.... I have a B&G that needs to be reflashed for my car sitting on my desk, but Im curious what the diablo does/can do and if it lives up to its hype. I should just reflash the b&g whats a couple 100 at this point :D
x2...

·
Registered
365 Posts
X3..... :)

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
It almost sounds like the B&G was done properly to accomodate the exhaust work with that kind of hp gain.

If that's the case, for your specific application, I doubt the Predator will give much more at all and the benefit from torque management would be tough to measure on a dyno during the shifts.

Awesome power, very cool. So what kind of mileage do you see, just curious.

·
Registered
365 Posts
With the predator we hope to be able to do something the B&G didn't. Add some timing and spark which is needed with the flow i have now. i don't expect HUGE gains but improvements yes. I guess the proof will be in the #'s. I hope to be able to post something next week. As for MGP, i have no idea. I don't really monitor that as i don't drive the car too much or far.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Do you think you've reached the limits of the injectors?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I wouldn't think so. Guess we will find out Saturday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.