Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let's have an active thread tracking all the successes, tips, do's and don'ts for the Diablo Tuner and the SRT-8. I'll do another for the Non-SRT-8s. I suggest the form below:

Vehicle year / make / model:

Mods:

Conditions (temp, humidity, etc):

SAME DAY results - before and after the tune for MEASURABLE differences: 0-60 / 1/4 mile ET and trap speed / dyno results

Before Tune:

After Tune(s):

Suggested Tips, Do's and Don'ts:

Looking forward to seeing results and learning tips!!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I guess you missed the fuel type variable.... ;)

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
A potential future purchase has sparked my attention to this thread, therefore I must subscribe. :)

·
Registered
813 Posts
yep indeed there are

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
im subscribing as well since im open to anything that makes more HP.... and the hype surrounding the Diablo has been myth like.

·
Registered
488 Posts
it's an ECU tuner, you can change a bunch of paramaters to gain more power turn certain things on and off ...it's a beautiful thing.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I know of no evidence yet, outside of dynos provided by Jet (and I NEVER trust maker dynos) that that product will provide gains of that nature. I reserve judgement on the Diablo til I see independant ones, but Jets been out a while, and theres nothing I know of to back up a 22 hp increase.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I thought Diablo Sport were the first to make a tuner for the SRT's ...is this true?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yep, the JET chip is a module that intercepts and alters signals, not a tuner.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I got a full half second off my quarter mile under pretty close to the same conditions with the B&G stg.2.
Also saw an increase of 4mph.
This was all with just CAI and catback.
Sorry no dyno results, but if you had to guestimate 1/2 second and 4mph………
I’ll be curious to see if the Diablo will make that kind of difference.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
That 22hp from the Jet Module is high. Very high. I'd give it about 10hp tops. This thread will probably start seeing alot of feedback in about 7-10 days.

Tom

I'm thinking about taking a trip up to NED next Wednesday (10/3). Anyone else going that night?

Tom

TBYRNE MOTORSPORTS LLC
ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763)
E-MAIL - [email protected]

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR OUR EVERYDAY LOW PRICE POLICY!

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
So, how does the Diablo interact (if at all) with the 1-2 shift TSB flash? if this is a dumb question, I apologise.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
So, how does the Diablo interact (if at all) with the 1-2 shift TSB flash? if this is a dumb question, I apologise.
I spoke with Andy at Power Ported Performance about this yesterday. He said you will have the option of paddle hold or auto upshift. So basically you can have it pre TSB without the shift hesitation, or have it shift for you in autostick. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I spoke with Andy at Power Ported Performance about this yesterday. He said you will have the option of paddle hold or auto upshift. So basically you can have it pre TSB without the shift hesitation, or have it shift for you in autostick. Hope this helps.
I'll keep the auto upshift, I don't think I can do a better job than my cars ECU...

1 - 20 of 472 Posts