Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's have an active thread tracking all the successes, tips, do's and don'ts for the Diablo Tuner and the NON-SRT-8s. There is already one for the SRT-8s in that section. I suggest the form below:

Vehicle year / make / model

Mods:

Conditions (temp, humidity, etc):

SAME DAY results - before and after the tune for MEASURABLE differences: 0-60 / 1/4 mile ET and trap speed / dyno results

Before Tune:

After Tune(s):

Suggested Tips, Do's and Don'ts:

·
Registered
928 Posts
I dont have mine yet so ill just cover the basics, =)

DO - have fresh batteries on hand
DO - make sure its on and plugged in

DONT - eat it, its not food.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Bwahahahaha! (Im way too hungry right now for that not to be funny to me)

But seriously, I NEED to see what numbers you guys pull off, this will sway me. Thats all Ive been waiting for, actual real world numbers.

Good thread!

·
Registered
928 Posts
as soon as it shows up ill let you know how things go, I still need to go play with my new stuff and get some baselines........(taps foot waiting)

·
Registered
400 Posts
I want in on it too! Let you know when I get it!

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Anyone have any idea how much HP I will gain from a good custom tune?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Is this thread going to end up being 10 pages long before we even have these in hand?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
this thread is gonna be flooded with people talking about wanting their predator with no real predator info ;)

edit: LOL donato you beat me by a few seconds :(

·
Registered
488 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Is this thread going to end up being 10 pages long before we even have these in hand?
YEAH! nothing like starting a thread that no one has product for. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
And yet we all jumped in on it. page 2 and I dont see any numbers. maybe all of you who joined the GB should just start making numbers up!

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I am really hoping HHP ships Thursday because I have overnight shipping and I am going to the track on Friday night. Then I can actually post somthing worth posting on this thread.

·
Registered
794 Posts
My car was used for some of the beta testing.
Mods that I have are the AFE Stage 2, Flowmaster catback, 180 t-stat.
They did a "stock" (with just the above mods) run on the dyno and the car put down 300hp and around 335 torque.
After putting in one of the canned tunes, it made 315hp, and around 355 torque. I think that they also leaned out the A/F mix a little for the tuned dyno run. They also firmed up the shifts.
My car had just over 12,500 miles at the time of the run. I don't know what the air temp was, I wasn't there. I haven't tested it out at the track yet, but that will be soon.
Given that, I think with custom tuning it will get better.

BTW, the Predator put out 9hp and 10ft lbs of torque more than the Superchips 91 Octane tune on my car. :rockon:

·
Registered
368 Posts
nice information R/Tdrvr. 15HP&20TQ is a nice gain. What are your impressions on the transmission settings one vs. the other? Thanks.

·
Registered
794 Posts
nice information R/Tdrvr. 15HP&20TQ is a nice gain. What are your impressions on the transmission settings one vs. the other? Thanks.
The Predator settings without a doubt are better. The shifting from 1st to second is nice. It feels like getting pushed into the seat hard on the launch, then getting kicked in the back of the seat during the shift to 2nd, and then pushed back into the seat again. It wasn't like that with the SC (which was good). Its better through the other gears as well. Remember, this is on just a pre-programmed setting.

I believe every car will be different based on mods, miles on the car, etc.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
i just talked to hhp, they said they didn't get em yet, but are hoping to have em later today to ship tomorrow.

:(
/me starts scratching his neck
MMMM CRACK

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i just talked to hhp, they said they didn't get em yet, but are hoping to have em later today to ship tomorrow.

:(
/me starts scratching his neck
MMMM CRACK

I heard someone asked HHP and they said they were just being shipped from Diablo today. Maybe they misunderstood. Doesn't HHP have a tracking number that would tell them when they would receive it. Being that it's already 2:30 over there I dont' have much hopes of it going out today.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts