Charger Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
I'm running 93octane tune with 5% fuel add
Keep in mind, those fuel and spark adjustments the DiabloSport tuners allow will only be used when the engine is operating at WOT (wide open throttle).

All non-WOT engine operation ignores those fuel and spark changes you make with the tuner.

Also, simply adding more gasoline to the air/fuel mixture of any given cylinder combustion event will not result in a bigger bang. It will likely result in the same bang as before or worse, a misfire, which means leas power.

The engine already knows how to burn gas, and it only burns as much as it needs. Any extra you tell it to use will end up fouling the cats and possibly causing misfires.

If you want more power, add more air. It’s that simple. If you get more air into the cylinder, the car will increase the fuel it needs to burn it. That will yield more power.

If you want access to all the power the car has now but isn’t using, reduce any KR that’s going on. Once that’s fine, the car will automatically increase its power output back to what it is capable of doing.

That tuner you have is marketed as being able to add HP with just a few clicks, but that is misleading to say the least. It can help the engine realize its full potential, and it can help you understand what’s going on with engine while it’s running. And if you purchase a custom tune from someone, that tuner can load it to your car for you.

They can be amazingly useful tools for understanding your engine’s operation and reaction to various mods/changes, but they are not magic boxes capable of defying the laws of physics.

Nothing can add HP out of the blue. You have increase the VE of the engine to get it to make more power, and that’s gonna cost money. Lots and lots of money.

Wanna go fast? How much money you got spend doing it?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Which tune is better for performance...91 or 93
How much for custom tune
HemiFever Stage-1 custom tune is $250.00
I have a 91-octane tune because there's no 93 octane in my area. If you do any traveling (interstate) not all regions have 93 octane. At current gas prices the 91 may be cheaper than the 93. 93 octane can help reduce KR (knock retard) so that spark advance is not retarded but I would not expect any significant HP gains with 93 over 91.
If you're using 91 octane, the engine is tuned for 91 octane and you're using Top Tier gasoline you should not experience any problems with KR.

TOP TIER™ Gasoline Brands

21 - 25 of 25 Posts