Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been thinking of putting the Diablo tune into my 08' Charger R/T 5.7 Hemi and was wondering if anyone has done it and thinks they saw an improvement and HP after the install? Any other way to increase HP and performance without breaking the bank. I already have a K & N CAI and a cat back flowmaster exhaust.

Thanks in advance for everyone's input.

Drive Safe! Let's take a moment to reflect on all current and past military members who have protected us over the years and those who have give the ultimate sacrifice of there lives to give us the freedoms who have today.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
So I have been thinking of putting the Diablo tune into my 08' Charger R/T 5.7 Hemi and was wondering if anyone has done it and thinks they saw an improvement and HP after the install? Any other way to increase HP and performance without breaking the bank. I already have a K & N CAI and a cat back flowmaster exhaust.

Thanks in advance for everyone's input.

Drive Safe! Let's take a moment to reflect on all current and past military members who have protected us over the years and those who have give the ultimate sacrifice of there lives to give us the freedoms who have today.
Amen to your last statement. Wish more of the younger generation realize I mean really realizes what these true Americans went through to protect our freedom.

As far as a diablo goes, your not gonna see much of an increase in HP to the extent you will notice it. They are a good tool for future mods, custom tuning, data logging, throttle response and CEL codes. Also they have a few other things you can do like transmission firmness and some other stuff. It's not gonna really add much power out of the box with the stock tunes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not been impressed with the speed or power of the car but I love the body style and the exhaust sounds great. Mainly I hate the gas saver mode the car goes in it makes the exhaust sounds awful and the response time of the gas pedal is awful as well. I have been told the Diablo tune will add 20-30hp and 25 lbs of torque to the rear wheels. It's not an expensive upgrade just wanted to see if it was even work doing. Pretty sad a 5.7 can't even spin the tires on dry pavement.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a Diablo 93 tunes available but says not street legal not that I really care about that. LOL

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
There is a Diablo 93 tunes available but says not street legal not that I really care about that. LOL
If you end up getting it and your not happy with the performance increase you may be better off having someone like Diablotoona build a custom tune for you based on your current mods. I had an intune for my 2011 RT and even with the 93 octane tune didn't notice much of a difference. My car was completely stock however. But it was nice being able to turn off Mds.

·
Registered
59 Posts
One thing the Diablo will allow you to do is turn off the MDS, gas saver mode as you called it. I had a 14 Charger 5.7 with the Diablo and turned off MDS and then got a custom tune from Johan.

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
A basic Diablo 91 tune with the MDS turned off will make the car much more fun to drive: crisp throttle response, much cooler running (195-205 F vs the factory 220-225 F) so no knock/ping and the timing doesn't get pulled. I also love the ease of resting the transmission adaptions that are always trying to turn the car into an econo-box that makes you drive like a Grandma.

Since you have an intake and exhaust, add 5% fuel at all levels for the best response. Well worth the $$$.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I bought my DiabloSport intune i2 initially for the MDS disable, firmer transmission shift setting, cooling fan settings (180°F thermostat) and the 91-octane tune. The 91-octabe tune was a improvement but not significantly more than using 91-octane fuel with the stock tune. Then I installed a 91-octane custom tune from HemiFever ... the difference in performance was much better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2007 charger rt..mods are k&n intak, magnaflow exhaust, catch can, high performance coil packs, im running the diablo 93octane tune, modified, mds are off peddle response on 20% coil packs on5%...can I do anything else or changes with the tuner

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Can I use 93 gas on a 91octane tune
Let's go back to the original question...

Yes, you can do this but you're wasting money.

Adding fuel that your engine doesn't need is not good for the engine or the catalytic converters and will not make you any more power.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Let's go back to the original question...

Yes, you can do this but you're wasting money.

Adding fuel that your engine doesn't need is not good for the engine or the catalytic converters and will not make you any more power.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
Just get a lil more power

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
can I do anything else in the tuner or im good
Use the tuner to perform data logging. There's lots of PIDs (parameter IDs) you can log and view the logs using DataViewer (free PC app that you can download from Diablosport website). The log data will show KR (knock retard), AFR (air-fuel ratio), spark adv/retard, fuel-trim, etc... Analyzing the data will tell you if everything is tuned properly.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I have a 2007 charger rt..my mods are k&n intak,performance coil packs, magnaflow exhaust, 93octane tune modify tune,turn off mds, spark set at 5%, throttle set at 20%..can I do anything else in the tuner or im good
Your best bet for power at your level is to get a custom tune or email tune from a reputable tuner like Satera or Jay Greene. They'll milk all they can from it.

Unfortunately, the mods you have won't gain you any real noticable power but a custom tune can get you 20-30 more ponies.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts