Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I remove my tune before I take it in for maintenance and a coolant gunk TSB? do you think I can get away with them not noticing anything different, one thing that is noticeable is the fan comes on early and is a bit loud ...might throw some red flags on their end, anyone have any experience or knowledge on this situation?

Ceaze

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Should I remove my tune before I take it in for maintenance and a coolant gunk TSB? do you think I can get away with them not noticing anything different, one thing that is noticeable is the fan comes on early and is a bit loud ...might throw some red flags on their end, anyone have any experience or knowledge on this situation?

Ceaze

easy fix.

Download your Custom tune to your PC.
return your can to stock tune.

after car out of shop reinstall your custom tune.

Done.
no hassles if they find it at the dealer...

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Yes, yes, yes, remove the tune. The worry isnt so much that they will notice the tune, but they may decide to flash your PCM to a more currnt flash....you lose you Diablo tune

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
If you are taking your car into the dealer for maintenance, and you know they are going to hook it up to the computer your best bet is always to remove your tune before you go.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Remove the tune....cuz once they sniff a custom tune, it becomes part of your warranty history....not worth the 10 minutes it takes to restore the stock tune.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the advice guys ...I will download my tune to my computer, one question, is the tune also saved in my predator? or do I have to get the tune that is in my car loaded into the predator then into the computer? ...I had problems getting my predator syncing with my computer, I ended up going to GS Motorsports and had them updated and load the new updated into my predator ...I then loaded the 91CAI tune in and on top of that had them dyno tune with my predator, so there is a new tune in my car at the moment, don't want to F that up and lose it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts