Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okokokokok. this is not super hard facts. but. i was browsing thru the lxforums and i saw a guy who posted this, just thought a lotta people here prolly didnt see it and might be interested... and i quote:

"
*I* have no idea about the JBA headers...BUt... I DO have the JBA midpipes (hi-flow cats)...with the AirHammer and SLP catback. I'm getting 308RWHP.... OH, but it's Diablo tuned too. But with the SC 91 tune I still got 302HP.....

.......aaaaand I'm rollin' on 22" wheels. DOH!
"

posted by monty1269 on this thread:
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=77043

shrug. i dont know the guy, i know nothing, didnt ask questions.. i just read it.

and now im spreading rumors. fear me.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
shrug. i dont know the guy, i know nothing, didnt ask questions.. i just read it.

and now im spreading rumors. fear me.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
507 Posts
308 ehh. . does anybody know what a stock RT puts out to the wheels? ima guess around 285 but hopfully sombody can chime in with real facts. .

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
302 versus 308?? I've seen cars vary this much and more during the very same session between pulls! Hardly conclusive unless there's some other piece of info I'm missing (like maybe the car had a tendency to catch fire while on the SC tune, etc. ;) ).

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hmmm... I know Monty pretty well... infact I will be seeing him tomorrow at a local M&G along with 20 other LX's.. I will be asking him a few questions about his tune.. More importantly Mike from Diablo Sport will be at our meet and greet also, maybe I will get some inside info!! :ninja:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
308 ehh. . does anybody know what a stock RT puts out to the wheels? ima guess around 285 but hopfully sombody can chime in with real facts. .
Stock RT's put out around 265-275 RWP. Huge losses through the drive train.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Well if any of you are reading Monty's replies in the Diablo Q&A thread he's raving about the Diablo's Tranny controls more than anything. He says the 1-2 shift feels like someone kicking you in the back at WOT with the predator.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm... I know Monty pretty well... infact I will be seeing him tomorrow at a local M&G along with 20 other LX's.. I will be asking him a few questions about his tune.. More importantly Mike from Diablo Sport will be at our meet and greet also, maybe I will get some inside info!! :ninja:
keep us posted. or die.

by the way. the rule is that we lost 17.5% of our hp at the crank thru the drive train.

so whatever you dyno at... multiply that by 1.175 to get your crank HP.

and whatever your crnak hp is... multiply that by .825 to get your RWHP

its the method that all vendors use with their products on our cars. and this has been proven to be a steady median for our cars. this does not apply to any platform but the LX

·
Registered
8 Posts
keep us posted. or die.

by the way. the rule is that we lost 17.5% of our hp at the crank thru the drive train.

so whatever you dyno at... multiply that by 1.175 to get your crank HP.

and whatever your crnak hp is... multiply that by .825 to get your RWHP

its the method that all vendors use with their products on our cars. and this has been proven to be a steady median for our cars. this does not apply to any platform but the LX
You can multiply engine HP by .825 to estimate rwhp, doesn't work the other way multiplying rwhp by 1.175 to get hp at the crank.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What?? superchips went out of business and diablo is delayed 4 years???????
who told you that? i talked to predator on the phone today and they told me that superchips didnt dissappear, and that they bought em out and that is was only 3 years.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
You can multiply engine HP by .825 to estimate rwhp, doesn't work the other way multiplying rwhp by 1.175 to get hp at the crank.

edit: ok excuse me.... its 1.212 ...... not 1.175 i blind fired that number out without using my dome ;) thanks

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
edit: ok excuse me.... its 1.212 ...... not 1.175 i blind fired that number out without using my dome ;) thanks
Yeah or you could divide the RWHP by .825 and get the same result as multiplying by 1.212

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
yea... that too....
rather than saying that you can multiply one or divide the other by the same number... i tried to use the 2 diff numbers. i figured that any one who graduated middle school ought to know that 9/3=3 and 3x3=9 (ie. 350x.825 or 288/.825...) and tried to give alternate routes ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Guys, this isn't anything new to performance, more particular to Dodge. Dodge has always suffered huge drineline losses compared to Ford and Chevrolet. This isn't limited to just Chargers/Magnums either. My Dakota RT came with 250HP at the crank, bone stock made 190 RHP--thats 60HP loss. This was about average for Dakotas as well, not just me.
Point being, drive train loss is a tad more prominent in Dodges from what I've seen.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Stock RT's put out around 265-275 RWP. Huge losses through the drive train.
That sounds a little low. I'd say it is closer to 275-285.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well part of the problem comes from the sticktronic ****. a manual car (i heard.....) is only sposed to lose 5% of its hp into the drive train.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Who told you 5%? That's an insanely low number. Try around 12% for manuals, maybe slightly more depending on the powertrain design.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i dont remember. read it somewhere once upon a time

1 - 20 of 20 Posts