Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm almost ready to order the predator.
Stock Daytona '06 -
With the stock intake on the Daytona, would I need to invest in a CAI to use the performance tunes?
What or has anyone run a stock Daytona with predator tune on the dyno? What kind of rear wheel increase hp could i expect?

Thanks for any responses!

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
There is a tune for 93 octane and 91 octane for if you won't have a CAI.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
from what has been said about the diablo on a stock car produces about 10 more hp. take that with a grain of salt cause that comes from them but people with some mods have seen good gains. i have never been dynoed so i cant tell you if that is true but there is a great seat of my pants feeling now from it. put it stock cause of crappy road conditions and it felt like a dog. GET THE PREDATOR cause you can always tweak it as you mod to get the most of every mod you do. the diablo comes with a 91 oct(stock intake tune), 91 oct(CAI TUNE), 93 oct(stock intake tune), and a 93 oct (CAI tune)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
What if you live in California and the only thing they offer here is 91 Octane, can we still safely run the 93 tune? Would it benefit me in anyway to run the 93 tune if I can't get the 93 Octane?

·
Registered
928 Posts
well I would run the 91 tune, but you can monitor your KR and see how many degrees of timing its pulling so your engine doesnt explode. if its more than a few, I would just run the 91.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick responses!:grin:

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
well I would run the 91 tune, but you can monitor your KR and see how many degrees of timing its pulling so your engine doesnt explode. if its more than a few, I would just run the 91.
Diablo tech support doesn't recommend running 91 octane with the 93 tune. I asked that same question over on lxforums in the monstrously long Q&A thread.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
As for the original question from the person who started this thread, they asked if you can run the CAI 91 tune with their daytona. I think this would be perfectly fine to do because I have read that Daytonas have a "high-flow" intake and more "free-flowing" exhaust over the stock R/T, so I dont see there really being a problem with running the Perf 91 CAI tune on the predator.

·
Registered
907 Posts
if i were you i would purchase the AFE stage 2 and the Predator on the Group buy price.. it is a awesome price and an awesome set up.

I have both and i can smoke my tires like never before and at ease now. I also have 22"s. Performance increase was no joke.

good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts