Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raised the shift points in my Charger SRT8 and I notice a small pause or hesitation between gears at WOT (over 6000 RMP), as if I was going over board with the RPM... Should the car go from one gear to the next at WOT the same way it did when the car was stock or is this pause a normal thing with this adjustment? should I modify the fuel? could I be running a little bit lean at WOT?

I'm using the 91 CAI tune, with 92 octane gasoline...

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
it is. The car should never upshift under wide open throttle until it reaches redline in that particular gear. Your car will normally downshift at wot as that is what it is programmed to do.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The big question would be, does the Diablo raise the fuel cutoff along with the shift points, automatically? Seems like it should, but maybe not. Anyone know?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i dont think a 5.7 can handle 6600 rpms as much as im wide open

how does an SRT fair with constant shifts at such high revs?

·
Registered
928 Posts
The SRT revs higher from the factory than the R/T so it shouldnt be an issue shifting at 6400 or so. I wouldnt put an R/T up over 6200 rev (shift at 6000). Though you shouldnt be hitting the rev limiter in the first place.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I've heard that is quite common, so like Carlos Garza said, bump up your rev limits a little, that should take care of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts