Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the 180* T-stat 2 days after getting my SRT8 and over the past 4k miles everything has been great. Yesterday it was 62* outside and raining ... the "coldest" that it has been here since I got the car. Had to run to Best Buy to pick up Bioshock :) so I started the car, backed outta the garage and made my way down the street ... a few miles into the trip my CEL came on. Swung my the dealer since its right down the street and they pulled the coolant temp code (which apparently throws some others regarding temps) since the coolant didnt heat up fast enough. Aside from sitting in the garage and letting the car warm up or driving hard at the beginning of the trip (the rain prevented that), do you think/know if the Diablo will alter that coolant "warm up timer" so the CEL doesnt get triggered like that?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
no. I seriously doubt it.
Its not a big deal. The cel is set to go off when sensors go out side their set parameters. Our cars have a whole scheme of things that they do when they get to 215 ish as the timing , spark and injector pulse width all change with tempature. The car is made to get to temp x and go into this mode where it normally stays at. When we do the stats our car never sees that mode as we stay 30 degrees cooler than that. Nothing is harmful about this its just that the pcm doesnt see what it thinks it should see.
Sensors are the same. If a fuel level sensor sees 0-5v and the sensor actually seess 5.2 it will throw a code. The ford 500 is prime example of this. You have to shut the gas nozzle off at first or second click. People that "round off" like idiots actually end up dumping some liquid fuel into the vapor management part of the fuel system. This system is used just for vapors and these vapors are routed to the engine under no load conditions. If people would go over in a fusion/ffive hunded the sensor would see more than 5 volts and throw a code.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I wouldn't even worry about it. I will just take my t-stat out in the fall, and put it back in the spring. When it is hot out, I never get CEL because of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts