Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got all of my upgrades in my signature mechanically finished yesterday. Yay! Now the issue of tuning comes in. I had a tune emailed to me, I loaded it on the tuner, but I cannot get the tuner to get past the performance tune menu.

When we click the performance tune menu, it asks for the disclaimer, which we arrow over to the right and agree to and press the enter button. At this point, it tells us to turn key to on position and apply parking brake which we do and press continue. At this point, it gives the countdown of time left for the tuner to process. Then the continue button flashes. We press continue and it gives the message of “please ensure key is turned to on position and try again”

What could be happening here? It won’t even let us get to the screen to show what tunes are available. Not even the stock canned tunes.

I have contacted Diablosport about this also, but I figured I'd try here as well.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Have all accessories off, turn key to on, do not start it, and wait for the lights to go out on the dashboard, then retry.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, we have tried that. I've done canned tunes on my car in the past and didn't have this issue. I guess I will have to send it to Diablo and pay them to look at it for me.

This sucks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Yeah, we have tried that. I've done canned tunes on my car in the past and didn't have this issue. I guess I will have to send it to Diablo and pay them to look at it for me.

This sucks!

Contact Diablo Sport directly, they might be able to walk you through it on the phone, they're usually quick to respond too, some of the best customer service support I've ever dealt with honestly. :beerchug:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now after using a separate scanning tool, it looks like the OBD port isn't recognizing any tool connected to it, not just the Diablo.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Contact Diablo Sport directly, they might be able to walk you through it on the phone, they're usually quick to respond too, some of the best customer service support I've ever dealt with honestly. :beerchug:

Thanks. When I called, the number for technical support, it doesn't go through. It hangs up on me.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the plot thickens. We ran the car over to the Dodge dealership (which is literally next door) and their tool won't give us anything either. It powers up, but nothing as far as why it is happening.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the plot thickens. We ran the car over to the Dodge dealership (which is literally next door) and their tool won't give us anything either. It powers up, but nothing as far as why it is happening.
Well I will be...it turns out that there was a loose wire somewhere. The tune loaded fine. All is well in Charger land!

Yay!:banana::banana:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I will be...it turns out that there was a loose wire somewhere. The tune loaded fine. All is well in Charger land!

Yay!:banana::banana:
So three weeks later and the OBD port is still having issues. After getting the initial tune to work, we had other issues and now the OBD port will not read any device, not even the dealership's.

Dealership is telling me its a front control module that is causing the issue of not recognizing the tuner or any scanner in the OBD port. Hopefully they are correct.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts