Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the best bang for the buck!!!
Wanna learn how to drive your hemi all over again? Like learn how to take off without laying rubber?

Wanna lay rubber between 1-2 gear?

If you answered no to any of these...this is not for you!!!

BTW DAMN THIS THING KICKS ASS!!!!

Now I need a CAM!!!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
goMANgo,

Get one you will love it!!!

Trust me I was having my doubts since I ordered mine on July 21st and it kept getting it delayed. They got it right!!

I took the 91 CAI tune and with a few teaks for the fans with my 180 themostat 15 minutes later the car was like it should have been from the factory

Here is my breakdown
$250 K/N = more noise, good noise
$1400 JBA headers, HHP cat Back and JBA pipes muffs = awesome noise better bottom end
$XXX Diablo group buy = sh!t eating grins tire shredding best 0-60 ever

Sold Diablo best bang for the buck. Will post 0-60 times once I can take a pic, otherwise stating the time is meaningless

I can say 0-60 was sub 5.50.......pics will show just how low

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
My delivery notification states it will be here on Thursday. Can't wait. Going for a drive immediately following to see what fun it is all over again! Finally!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
goMANgo,

Trust me I was having my doubts since I ordered mine on July 21st and it kept getting it delayed. They got it right!!

I took the 91 CAI tune and with a few teaks for the fans with my 180 themostat 15 minutes later the car was like it should have been from the factory

Here is my breakdown
$1400 JBA headers, HHP cat Back and JBA pipes muffs = awesome noise better bottom end

Sold Diablo best bang for the buck. Will post 0-60 times once I can take a pic, otherwise stating the time is meaningless

dang man. ur really getting me pumped up about this...

one thing i'm wondering is how exactly do you install it and set a tune? i'm guessing a shop has to install it, but does a shop have to put the tune in? or can you do it? thanks,

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
You can do it. Plug it in to the obd port. Select the tune you want. Press the buttons. POW! I cant wait for mine.

·
Registered
461 Posts
dang man. ur really getting me pumped up about this...

one thing i'm wondering is how exactly do you install it and set a tune? i'm guessing a shop has to install it, but does a shop have to put the tune in? or can you do it? thanks,
You should DEFINITELY be able to this yourself. You plug it into the port under the dash - and read onscreen prompts and push the buttons it tells you to ( with a couple cycles through ignition positions, but c'mon ). That's actually it.

·
Registered
898 Posts
goMANgo,

Here is my breakdown

can you turn off the o2 sensors? thats the only reason i ordered mine :nervous s

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
throw codes at you causing Check EngineLights to appear because you have monster long tube headers :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
throw codes at you causing Check EngineLights to appear because you have monster long tube headers :)
....They also sense oxygen, or O2 :lol:

·
Vendor
789 Posts
The Predator does not currently turn off the rear O2 sensors and the CEL from the cats but Mike at Diablosport told me last week that they are working on it and hope to have it done within just a couple of weeks. I'm curious to see how hard it is to break that code for them.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
can you turn off the o2 sensors? thats the only reason i ordered mine :nervous s
I didn't see any way to do the o2s, but I bet you will feel differently once you put that baby on your car. I was impressed tonight.

C.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Oxygen sensors detect the levels of unburned oxygen leaving the combustion chamber, and the catalytic converters. If there is excess oxygen in the upstream o2 sensor, the ecm interprets it to mean that the engine is running lean, either because of insufficient fuel being added to the combustion chamber, excess unaccounted for oxygen enterring the combustion chamber (such as an exhaust manifold or intake manifold leak) or lack on complete combustion (misfiring spark plug). The ecm will try to enrichen the air fuel mixture by holding the pulse on the injector open longer allowing for more fuel to mix with the "unburned" oxygen exitting the combustion chambers. The downstream o2 sensor (located after the cats) is used to help the ecm to know that the catalytic converters are functioning properly. Cats take small amounts of unburned fuel, carbon monoxide, and oxygen (HC, CO and O2) and cause them to burn inside of the VERY hot cat to combine into H2O (water) and CO2 (carbon dioxide, which you exhale with every breathe) Small amounts of NO2 (nitrous oxide ) are also created. If the rear O2 sensor notices large amount of unburned oxygen leaving the cat, the ecm interpretts it to mean that the cats are not converting the exhaust gas into safer gasses.
Hope that tells you what o2 sensors do.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I got mine and loaded the 91 octane CAI tune for my SRT. I only had time to make a quick run to Home Depot, but I really could FEEL the difference. HP and TQ and shifting were all noticably stronger. Sorry I don't have more info, I just didn't have any time to drive. It was VERY easy to install the update and the tune. Easy Cheesy.

One question. I have the 180 t-stat and was waiting to install it until I got the programmer. Does anyone know how I need to set up my fans when I install the t-stat?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Seriously anyone who says they have a problem layign rubber down will never have that problem again once they install the Predator tunes. I was burning rubber at 60% throttle from a stop with full ESP ON. All you do is give the pedal a quick stab when you're at a light and you'll be suprised how easily the tires break loose now. I haven't had a good open stretch that was devoid of cops so I can't tell you how long your tire marks will be on the road yet.

This tuner unlocks all the child proof seals Chrysler put on the Hemi.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The Predator will get rid of the governor limit on an R/T right?

·
Registered
898 Posts
thanks for getting back at me guys
hope they release all that was left out, anyway i sold my sc so i need a new tune anyway :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts