Charger Forums banner

what should my next mod be

• Diablo Predator

Votes: 23 100.0%
  • Other (please post what you are thinking)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what should i do. i have a good check comming and im getting a mod for my car. im leaning toward the diablo predator programmer due to is cost to hp ratio. so off it goes to the polls for a vote. if you have another recommendation to get i have about 400 to spend.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im debating if i get the predator getting a 180* thermostat since im in michigan it gets really cold (-20*) and really warm (90+) so i have the extremes. is that going to be an issue if i run a 180* year round??

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
any links to a writeup for the swap. i wanna make the smallest mess and will i need to buy some more coolant to replace the lost coolant and do i need a gasket

·
Registered
309 Posts
There is a video demonstrating the swap over on LXforums. You can catch your drained coolant in a gallon size zip-lock bag and re-use it. You also re-use the existing t-stat gasket (unless yours just needs replacing).

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so when i get my diablo what temp should i set the fans to run while i still have the stock thermostat in?

·
Registered
708 Posts
DIABLO hands down! Can't think of a less expensive mod that will give you as much bang for the buck!

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
think hands down im getting the diablo. cant wait to order on friday

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
any links to a writeup for the swap. i wanna make the smallest mess and will i need to buy some more coolant to replace the lost coolant and do i need a gasket
There is a video demonstrating the swap over on LXforums. You can catch your drained coolant in a gallon size zip-lock bag and re-use it. You also re-use the existing t-stat gasket (unless yours just needs replacing).
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=32989&highlight=thermostat

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
im debating if i get the predator getting a 180* thermostat since im in michigan it gets really cold (-20*) and really warm (90+) so i have the extremes. is that going to be an issue if i run a 180* year round??
Do you like heat in the winter? :grin: j/k

I have a 180 degree in my Durango that I am too lazy to switch.... It is a noticable difference but isn't too bad. I'm with TBY just switch the thermostat next spring.

If your going to get something do the Diablo then do the Dew when your done. :razz:

Todd

·
Registered
507 Posts
spend a few extra bucks and get the diablo\afe combo. . imo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts