Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday as I went to Diablo to pick up my free Diablo Tuner as I was one of the testers, the test and tuner (name to be anonymous) told me he just figured out how to disable MDS!!! He asked me If I wanted to try it out and I was like sure. He uploaded the tune into my Diablo and installed it. I took it for a spin and boy was I content, no more annoying drone as you deaccelerate and no more lagging as MDS is on and you gun it!!! Updates should be coming soon on the Diablo website...

JR

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
On Friday as I went to Diablo to pick up my free Diablo Tuner as I was one of the testers, the test and tuner (name to be anonymous) told me he just figured out how to disable MDS!!! He asked me If I wanted to try it out and I was like sure. He uploaded the tune into my Diablo and installed it. I took it for a spin and boy was I content, no more annoying drone as you deaccelerate and no more lagging as MDS is on and you gun it!!! Updates should be coming soon on the Diablo website...

JR
Some people actually bought this car to have a combination of power and decent fuel economy. If I wasn't getting 20-24mpg, this car would be worthless and I might as well get the SRT. But I hope you like it as you say you did. Have fun with the tunes :D

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Some people actually bought this car to have a combination of power and decent fuel economy. If I wasn't getting 20-24mpg, this car would be worthless and I might as well get the SRT. But I hope you like it as you say you did. Have fun with the tunes :D
Well, it's a nice to have, but when you are doing city driving 90% of the time, it sucks, especially with a cat-back system like I have. Sure, I enjoy MDS when I travel once a month to Long Island (300mi round trip)...but city driving, who needs it...and I a not driving in autostick all day. You sure don't get 20-24mpg doing all city driving like me.

I am a die-hard Superchips person...love everything about it, but, if this Diablo releases MDS disable...I am switching...because Superchips already advised me that they are not making that an option. It's worth it for me to buy another programmer just for the MDS disable.

- Mark

·
Registered
148 Posts

JR
Awesome news!!!! I'm always driving in autostick, so I won't notice a mileage drop. Last time I check I'm getting just over 20.

·
Registered
708 Posts
No need to BASH him for passing along some good info. Some of us bought this car to have fun with it. As far as the car being "worthless" without getting 20-24 mpg - I disagree with you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm also getting around 20 MPG. I don't want the MDS to be disabled, but I would love to have the ESP completly disabled, that's for sure! Do you know if the Diablo is able to do that or what?!?!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am pretty sure you will be able to upload it through their website... As soon as I find out, I will let you guys know..

Maansman:
For you monthly trip to Long Island, you can enable MDS for the trip and disable it when you get back, so it will work out great!!!

So far I am loving it!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't heard anything about ESP yet, but I sure wish they would be able to disable it also!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I Wonder If The Next Load Of Their Tuners Will Have That In Their Down Load's Or If We Will Have To Do The Up Data??????
That toothless grinnin "****" picture is really obnoxious.

·
Registered
53 Posts

JR
Hmm... I liek the MDS, as it saves me gas money for other things.... While I haven't driven this car in the snow yet (or any car with this much weight for that matter) I would like to see an option to shut off the ABS.... MDS and ESP I like. Guess everyone is different.

-brian
St. Marys, PA

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I haven't heard anything about ESP yet, but I sure wish they would be able to disable it also!!!
You can disable ESP with the diablo. It is a quick adjust feature.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
You can disable ESP with the diablo. It is a quick adjust feature.

I just did this and I love the way the car behaves now .... much less delay when I give it gas ...

I also disabled the EGR and no more spark-knock noise on light-to-moderate acceleration.

My engine now sounds like a V8 should. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts