Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, quick question regarding capabilities of the intune tuner.
Im new to dodge, but not new to vehicle mods.

Ive got an 08 charger rt, police pack. Couple things I've noticed that are driving me up the walls that I think, or at least hope are curable with this tuner.

First off, not sure if this is normal or I'm having car issues. Car seems powerful as hell, although I cant do a brake stand. Rears wont over power brakes and will only slowly burn out. ( I realize I'm going to get ripped for doing this but regardless, I bought an RT to have fun and enjoy it. Im semi responsible and dont do it in populated areas. haha)
Im curious if theres a trick to this or should I get a compression test or see if I cant throw it on the dyno for a run to see what Im making.|

Second, drifting around corners. Obviously the vehicle is an auto, it has the tiptronic option which is key, ALTHOUGH, it shifts up when you red line in a certain gear. HOW THE HELL DO YOU DRIFT A CORNER IF THE VEHICLE SHIFTS UP MID DRIFT. Question: how do i get the vehicle to stay in first, or second and red line while im sideways on a corner?

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
You will need a Tranzformer kit for your linelock and other transmission needs.
as for the Intune and the autoshifting, turn the autoshift option off.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You will need a Tranzformer kit for your linelock and other transmission needs.
as for the Intune and the autoshifting, turn the autoshift option off.
Sorry for stupid questions, Im used to my turbocharged manual rocket bunny
What other transmission needs do you speak of?
Also, i feel like this is stuff that intune should do, no? Does this mean a lot of people here are running intune or predator or whatever as well as a tranz?

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Tranzformer:
Firming shifts
Linelock(locks front wheels only for smokeshows)
reads transmission temps

Not familiar with the intune and havent busted out my Trinity yet for the season, but as far as i can remember, go to tune, adjust tune, engine part (where you can adjust RPMs), i think it is in there.
if not then it would be in the Transmission adjustments where you can adjust *supposedly firmer shifts
sorry that is best i can do

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry, just edited my last post. any answers for that?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also, another silly question, not used to american muscle, but should a 5.7 be able to smoke the rears without any mods, aka tranz?
Super curious about cylinder compression now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts