Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 SXT, I'm new to the chargers, but have done some tuning and racing on other imports. Most of the plug and play HP gains are minimal, supporting mods are usually the way to go.
So doing a little reading around this forum and Diablos, I see these InTune and DCX and Trinity seem to be popular.
My concern is, I'm not ready to go throw down a $1000 on add on parts yet, so is the HP gains from the canned programs really that good on a stock motor or should I avoid it until I've got maybe a better exhaust and CAI?

Thanks for the info. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was skeptical, but not anymore. The throttle boost control is awesome. Finally set mine at 15% and it is really nice - no lag! Made my ride snappy! 93 octane tune! very nice!

2013 Charger SRT8 lightly modded
AFE drop in filter - stock air box breathes fairly well!
Stock exhaust - enjoy the quite!
InTune

53 years old - use to ride bikes - Yamaha FZ-1 air intake, tuned, air box enlarged & Yoshi carbon fiber exhaust = 178 HP., went to Kawasaki vaquero sold it for my bad ass 2013 SRT8 Charger!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2010 SXT, I'm new to the chargers, but have done some tuning and racing on other imports. Most of the plug and play HP gains are minimal, supporting mods are usually the way to go.
So doing a little reading around this forum and Diablos, I see these InTune and DCX and Trinity seem to be popular.
My concern is, I'm not ready to go throw down a $1000 on add on parts yet, so is the HP gains from the canned programs really that good on a stock motor or should I avoid it until I've got maybe a better exhaust and CAI?

I would go for it! I purchased the Diablo and tuned my R/T with CAI 91 oct tune and I could tell a big difference.
Even though you are bone stock right now I still believe it will make a difference. Somewhere on diablo's website there should be a chart of estimated HP and Ft Lbs gains for your ride and the specific canned tune. Of course once you get some bolt on's allowing better air flow you will see better results I suppose.
Like the guys on the forum urged me--The diablo is also going to play a very important role in your ride if you ever decide to go beyond basic bolt on mods. In that sense it is a great investment. Not only to satisfy your needs of expediency but also for the long haul!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Being able to see the codes and clearing them is an advantage enough to buy the Intune

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
850 Posts

"Other imports"

Charger aint no import :p

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've got an SXT as well, and I put my intune on her with the 93 octane and yes I can feel the difference. If I were you ask some other V6/SXT owners who have it also because I can imagine it's different for us than the V8 guys. I also have a CAI and a dual exhaust but that's it.
I think it definitely helps, but for the full price, I wouldn't say it would be worth it. If I were you though, and this is what I did, was be patient when looking to buy it. I would buy it used, I got my Intune for $200 off Ebay unmarried. It was a great deal but if you're patient you'll be able to find it. Also look around the for sale forum on here because I've seen them quite a few times on there. I'd say anything under $250 is a good deal for the used intunes.

Good luck! let us know what you end up doing!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was skeptical, but not anymore. The throttle boost control is awesome. Finally set mine at 15% and it is really nice - no lag! Made my ride snappy! 93 octane tune! very nice!
Hey, since I just installed my intune about 2 weeks ago I'm not used to adjusting the parameters with in the tune. What do you think should be done to get the most out of the tune? For instance you said you changed the throttle boost.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I've got an SXT as well, and I put my intune on her with the 93 octane and yes I can feel the difference. If I were you ask some other V6/SXT owners who have it also because I can imagine it's different for us than the V8 guys. I also have a CAI and a dual exhaust but that's it.
I think it definitely helps, but for the full price, I wouldn't say it would be worth it. If I were you though, and this is what I did, was be patient when looking to buy it. I would buy it used, I got my Intune for $200 off Ebay unmarried. It was a great deal but if you're patient you'll be able to find it. Also look around the for sale forum on here because I've seen them quite a few times on there. I'd say anything under $250 is a good deal for the used intunes.

Good luck! let us know what you end up doing!
Which exhaust are you running?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Which exhaust are you running?

It starts after the stock Y pipe and goes in to a magnaflow muffler (1 in 2 out) that goes to two pipes and out the back. The Y pipe and muffler, if you think about it, are kinda like an x pipe.
I really like it though! Sounds awesome for sure, and I can Definitely feel the gains in the high RPMs but not much down low. you can hear the start of my set up here (its best to hear with good speakers/headphones)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojT3hipOQmQ

·
Registered
183 Posts
My cat needs to be replaced and i have been thinking about having a shop put a universal cat on and run a two out the back setup. So that helps a lot ty

Yea, I love the sound of my car and the gains are definitely noticeable! Good luck with that!

·
Registered
850 Posts
My cat needs to be replaced and i have been thinking about having a shop put a universal cat on and run a two out the back setup. So that helps a lot ty

Yea, I love the sound of my car and the gains are definitely noticeable! Good luck with that!
Thats probably the best sound I have heard from a 3.5 ever. Sent you a pm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Thanks for the input guys.

Will be patient and look around.

Sounds like a step in the direction I need to take.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey Thanks for the input guys.

Will be patient and look around.

Sounds like a step in the direction I need to take.
One last thought, if you do decide to get it used, make sure you know it is unmarried. Unmarried means it is has been freed from the car it had previously been tuned to. So make sure the seller has put their car back to stock tune and has unmarried the intune. I wouldn't want to see any one get manipulated or have a misconception of what they are buying.

·
Registered
850 Posts
One last thought, if you do decide to get it used, make sure you know it is unmarried. Unmarried means it is has been freed from the car it had previously been tuned to. So make sure the seller has put their car back to stock tune and has unmarried the intune. I wouldn't want to see any one get manipulated or have a misconception of what they are buying.
Yep and i think they charge you $100 to unmarry it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good to know:bigthumb: thanks for the heads up. Gonna look around and see. If not probably buy it new and be done with it.

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
I did the intune on my srt and it WOKE up that car. Then when i did the mods it was nice. I also got all of my custom tunes emailed to me. They are worth it. I'm sure there are better ones with other capabilities but I like my Intune. I use it on my Jeep now and my Jeep is a beast.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts