Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WELL i ran in to chad a.k.a SMOKINBANDIT at the hooters meet in pompano last night and i took a look at his dyno sheets from DIABLO OFF THEIR DYNO. his srt 300 is bone stock-no exhaust and no cai. at the wheels it makes 362 and with the diablo tuner it made 388. so it looks like a 26 horse jump with the tuner alone on a true all stock srt. NOT BAD!!!:)

·
Registered
453 Posts
WELL i ran in to chad a.k.a SMOKINBANDIT at the hooters meet in pompano last night and i took a look at his dyno sheets from DIABLO OFF THEIR DYNO. his srt 300 is bone stock-no exhaust and no cai. at the wheels it makes 362 and with the diablo tuner it made 388. so it looks like a 26 horse jump with the tuner alone on a true all stock srt. NOT BAD!!!:)
Sounds like that may be a good mod after all. I have to hold off...I just got done spending 3K on my ride.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so it's safe to say that it works well with the caned tune-if that is what DIABLOtuned his cars with when they used it to BETA test it. NOW lets see what it can do with a custom tune. after seeing CHAD'S dyno sheets I'M NOW VERY suprized at the numbers

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
What did you think Diablo was blowing hot air this whole time?

This definitely sounds very promising. Too bad I have to use the 91 tune.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
What did you think Diablo was blowing hot air this whole time?

This definitely sounds very promising. Too bad I have to use the 91 tune.
well until i see it-you have to say UUMM. LOOK AT all the other tuners out there FOR all cars AND WHAT THEY PROMISS. up to this point ONLY diesel trucks have seen major gains from tuners. and it's nice to see that some one worked hard to make this work and unlock power out of the hemi's. i'm going to kick my super tuner in it's a$$ right NOW.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
on some turbo diesels, a tuner can get you like 200 HP and even more tq. its the most crazy stuff ever.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I wonder if the K&N drop in filter would warrant using the CAI canned tune or if you should stick with the canned tune for the stock set-up?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder if the K&N drop in filter would warrant using the CAI canned tune or if you should stick with the canned tune for the stock set-up?
well CHADS car is runing a stock air filter and a stock t stat- so i'm sure that if you drop the temp with a 180 stat and fan mod and do some thing with the air intake theres should be room for more power/ i'm thinking maybe up to 30 hp total with the tuner.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
trust me, you dont make me look stupid, i do plenty of that by myself :p
but yea, even then.. lets be overly generous and say we can get 30 hp/ 30 tq on our cars.

that is like 5 and a half times more hp gain on a turbo diesel. like. oh my god. when you look at base line hp numbers on spec sheets. the % of increase to those is spectacular.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
well CHADS car is runing a stock air filter and a stock t stat- so i'm sure that if you drop the temp with a 180 stat and fan mod and do some thing with the air intake theres should be room for more power/ i'm thinking maybe up to 30 hp total with the tuner.

You shouldn't need a fan mod. It's an option listed in the tuner.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
yeah it works pretty much like the fan mod you can control under what conditions and temperatures the fans will turn on and at what speeds. The only thing it doesn't allow is for you to leave hte fans running with the engine off.

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=118

From the features on the handheld you wont' need the NOESP mod or Fan Mod. If you consider the savings from not having to buy either of those the predator is a great deal.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Nice to see some #'s. Sounds about right on par with what we were figuring on 20-30 hp same ballpark as Diablo/SCT for other cars Mustangs etc. The real beauty at least for the Custom tunes from SCT and hopefully from Diablo will be for those w S/C Nitrous etc. I will be waiting for SCT to compare how they do vs. Diablo as they tend to blow them out of the water in most other applications... especially custom tuning. As far as Diesel tunes, yeah they are rediculous, the basic canned tune we just installed from SCT on our 08 Superduty added 85 rwhp and 125 rwtq, they also have an Extreme Canned Tune that adds 120 RWHP and 200+ RWTQ, that is w no custom tuning at all! The test truck went from a 17+ Sec 1/4 mile to a 14.6 1/4 with just that tune in it.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
From the features on the handheld you wont' need the NOESP mod or Fan Mod. If you consider the savings from not having to buy either of those the predator is a great deal.

that really ought to put things into perspective for nay sayers ;)

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Het Dude, does the tuner take into acount the minor mods that some of us have on our LX's, like CAI, Headers...etc...

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
There are 4 canned tunes.

93 Octane Performance
93 Octane Performance CAI
91 Octane Performance
91 Octane Performance CAI

They said with their tests that catback and headers didn't require a custom tune and worked great on these. Once you start going a bit heavier in the mods then yes you'r going to need a custom tune.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts