Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hooked up my Diablo Intune to my 12 Charger R/T today AFTER hooking the Diablo into my computer and the pop up window came up and said it was up to date and I was planning on putting the 93 Octane CAI tune on the car but this is the ONLY things on my list of tunes. Does anyone know why I can't find the 93 Octane CAI tune? On my Diablo settings it says my Diablo's Firmware info application is 1r04e. If you need any other information just please let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just tried to update it again and it still says the Diablo is up to date =(

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I must be missing something. when I had my Diablo Intune DCX it only listed those three tunes you are showing in the picture. The 93 tune is known as the Diablo tune. I did not have a Diablo 93 cai tune listed on mine.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I must be missing something. when I had my Diablo Intune DCX it only listed those three tunes you are showing in the picture. The 93 tune is known as the Diablo tune. I did not have a Diablo 93 cai tune listed on mine.

Same for me as well.

2014 phantom black rt max

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the "Diablo Tune" is the 93 Octane tune? Can anyone confirm this because the Intune doesn't give me any details.

·
Registered
440 Posts
So the "Diablo Tune" is the 93 Octane tune? Can anyone confirm this because the Intune doesn't give me any details.

The Diablo Tune is the 93 octane tune.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Diablo Tune is the 93 octane tune.

I don't want to sound like a dick but are you sure? And how do you know?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
We are sure. Diablo tune is the 93 octane tune. Check the Diablo site if you want further confirmation.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll take all of your words for it. I just hate how they didn't label it as the 93 Octane tune.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Here's a screen shot from the Diablo site showing the 93 "diablo" tune listed.

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
No worries. Try googling it. That's what I did to find more info. Diablo also have a forum and if you email or call their customer service is pretty good.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just sent out a message to Diablo asking them how to tune a CAI into my tune. It doesn't seem to be an option to tune in and it also seems like it isn't already pre-programmed into the tunes.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
If all you have done is the cai the diablo tune should be fine without further adjustments. But it never hurts to ask. I can't remember if there's and adjustable parameters for that.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so far I've just done CAI and mid-muffler delete and 93 octane as far as performance. I've already looked through the adjustments and there is no options there either. I've looked on Diablo's forum and they said there is usually 4 canned tunes, "Diablo Tune (93 Octane)", "91 Octane", "Modify stock tune", and "CAI tune (93 octane, CAI tune)". Unfortunately I do not have a "CAI" tune canned to my Diablo Intune. Lol I hope my Intune isn't glitched or something.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Yeah I never had the cai tune as an option on my dcx only the 3. Maybe its on the Trinity and not the Intune. Not sure. Anyway, Diablo should be able to hook you up with a custom tune if needed but there might be a charge for that.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. The predator had the seperate tunes for the CAI.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yeah I never had the cai tune as an option on my dcx only the 3. Maybe its on the Trinity and not the Intune. Not sure. Anyway, Diablo should be able to hook you up with a custom tune if needed but there might be a charge for that.
I don't want to come off harsh but I don't think we should have to order a custom tune just for a CAI when some people with different vehicles are getting it free in their canned tunes. Besides I kinda already know who I want to do my custom tunes but I am wanting to hold off on that until I do some major mods.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Lots of folks on this and other sites (myself included) just add 5% more fuel at Wide Open Throttle at all three rpm ranges to account for the CAI, and it works nicely.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lots of folks on this and other sites (myself included) just add 5% more fuel at Wide Open Throttle at all three rpm ranges to account for the CAI, and it works nicely.
I know you have the V6 motor does that convert to the same for the 5.7L Hemi motor?

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Yes it should work as well on the hemi as the pentastar. It helps prevent knock, which then prevents the computer from pulling timing.

You can also adjust the amount of spark advance, but I would not go there without it being tuned on a dyno, it's real easy to screw things up when playing with the timing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts