Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, I was kind of pulled over in my own driveway today........

Ok, after putting in a new tune in the Charger a couple of weekends ago, I was able to drive it just a short while before the rain came. This past Saturday was the first day I've had it out since then, so I forgot how things have changed, for the better of course.

I leave my sub-division, and crack the throttle about 1/2 way (traction control off of course), tires broke loose and went a little sideways so I backed off and got it "back to normal driving mode".

About 50 yards up the road coming toward me is a police car, so I MAKE SURE I wasn't driving over the 35mph speed limit, and I wasn't.

Little did I know he had his eye on me................

I come back home about 1/2 hour later. I notice a police car on my tail, not thinking anything of it. Had no idea where he came from, just boom, there he was.

Pull into my sub-division, he continues to follow. Still thinking that he was just doing the normal neighborhood drive through, still didn't think anything of it.

Turn on to my street, and hit the turn signal and stopped in front of my driveway and he stopped too. I motioned him around but he didn't budge. Ok.... so I thought he was just waiting for me to back up into the driveway. Well, as I start backing up, he pulls in my driveway!

I'm thinking uh-oh, someone has complained about me somewhere in town, too loud, too whatever..... CRAP!

He gets out of his car, I continue to back up to the garage. I get out and say hello........

He said something like "Hey, that is one good looking car you have there". I think, cool, he likes my car and wanted to get a good look at it.

Then he says, "You know, I saw you pull out of your subdivision about 30 minutes ago, seems that you were burning some rubber"........

OH CRAP!!!!!!

I said, "yes sir, I did take off a little quickly, sorry about that".....

DUH! SORRY ABOUT THAT?!?!?!? Geez...... I'm an idiot......

He said "That is a nice car, and I advise that you save that kind of driving for the track"........

Hmmmm........ So he's giving me a warning....... I think....... umm....

I thanked him for the warning and he said "that's right, this is a warning, but don't let me see you doing that again".

Whew.......

I thanked him and said NO PROBLEM! I won't do that again, and it really was an accident.

No, really folks, the burnout WAS NOT intended. I usually save that for other places, not in front of my sub-division.

Thanks Diablo, you're making the ride worth it. :)

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
too funny, great write up and read.... :D

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Kool, smooth move, Glad you didn't get a ticket. I have noticed that cops follow us around more now. He wouldn't have noticed if you were driving...uumm...say an Accord or cavalier.......

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Yes i agree cops do tend to pay more attention to our cars. I was driving through our business complex last week and a cop was driving the other way and as i pulled into my parking lot he pulled into the other side of the complex and drove around to the back where i park and at that time i was already walking to the door and i was thinking whats going on here, nothing happened but maybe either he wanted to see what i was driving or he thought i was pulling in for some reason.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, I normally drive like I have some common sense, but really.... this one was honestly an accident......

Well, that's what I keep telling myself. ;) :silenced:

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Yes i agree cops do tend to pay more attention to our cars.
I have noticed that cops follow us around more now. He wouldn't have noticed if you were driving...uumm...say an Accord or cavalier.......
This is funny. Owners of two of the brightest color options on a Charger with black decals that scream "read me" think that cops pay attention to them....just because they own a Charger.

That bright a$$ color MIGHT have something to do with it. :grin:

J/j I also think many cops attend to us because many departments have entertained getting Chargers.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
cool story. i cant believe he followed you all the way home instead of just pulling you over to give it to you. what if you woulda just kept driving? lol

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Yes i agree cops do tend to pay more attention to our cars.
As a Charger owner and car enthusiast, you bet I do. As an officer, no.

Charger owners still get treated the same... except for the guy I stopped for speeding who swore he wasn't because he looked at his speedometer.

I noticed he had EVIC and asked, "Sir, was that the analog, or digital reading?" With an annoyed look on his face, he said, "Uhh, I don't have a digital speedometer." He was enlightened on how to access the EVIC and left with a smile on his face. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got pulled over doing the speed limit three days ago in my subdivision. I saw the lights and pulled over and honestly thought that the cop was going to fly right by me because I wasn't doing anything wrong. Two cops got out of their car and said that they pulled me over for my window tint. I figured they would give me a warning and I would be on my way. Instead, they both interviewed me for 35 minutes on the charger and what I kind of mods I had done. They even asked me to open the hood so they could take a look. THEY EVEN HAD THE NERVE TO ASK ME HOW MUCH I PAYED FOR MY CAR! I didn't even know how to answer...I just looked at them silently. They ended up not even writing me a warning or anything. I am positive that they just wanted to get a closer look at my car. One of the officers said that he sees me on the road all the time, and that he has enjoyed watching me add all of my mods and watching my car progress. I would have been flattered if I wasn't in a hurry. I guess it could have been much worse as I do have tint on my front windows. I could have left with a ticket, but I still was a little p*ssed that they asked me what I paid for the car. Was I over-reacting...that is a little rude and up-front right?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Was I over-reacting...that is a little rude and up-front right?
You have the "That cop was rude. He didn't even say anything. He just gave me a ticket and left." crowd.

Then you have "That cop wouldn't shut up. He just kept on talking about my car and how he wished he had one, blah blah blah..." crowd.

You can't please everyone. :)

Asking the purchase price for a car, too much. 35 MINUTES for a "no action" stop? Ridiculous.

When asked to open the hood, perhaps you should have said, "Hey guys, I'd love to chat, but I gotta go. Maybe, since you see me all the time, we can talk later, o.k.?"

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got pulled over doing the speed limit three days ago in my subdivision. I saw the lights and pulled over and honestly thought that the cop was going to fly right by me because I wasn't doing anything wrong. Two cops got out of their car and said that they pulled me over for my window tint. I figured they would give me a warning and I would be on my way. Instead, they both interviewed me for 35 minutes on the charger and what I kind of mods I had done. They even asked me to open the hood so they could take a look. THEY EVEN HAD THE NERVE TO ASK ME HOW MUCH I PAYED FOR MY CAR! I didn't even know how to answer...I just looked at them silently. They ended up not even writing me a warning or anything. I am positive that they just wanted to get a closer look at my car. One of the officers said that he sees me on the road all the time, and that he has enjoyed watching me add all of my mods and watching my car progress. I would have been flattered if I wasn't in a hurry. I guess it could have been much worse as I do have tint on my front windows. I could have left with a ticket, but I still was a little p*ssed that they asked me what I paid for the car. Was I over-reacting...that is a little rude and up-front right?
LOL, I thought that was where my conversation was going with the officer, but it didn't. Ah well, at least he was cool about my idiocy. ;)

I always have people ask me what I paid. I usually just say "more than my last car".

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Cops that are car guys are cool. I got pulled over last summer so the cop could find out whether or not my exhaust was stock. He heard me coming from a few blocks away and noted that the other SRT's in town didn't sound the same. Scared the heck out me and then made me laugh.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Kool, smooth move, Glad you didn't get a ticket. I have noticed that cops follow us around more now. He wouldn't have noticed if you were driving...uumm...say an Accord or cavalier.......
Ummm.... Maybe an Accord, but I use to have the same problem when I had my Cavalier a few years back. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts