Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading a lot of post from folks saying how exciting the Diable Predator is in terms of increased performance. All of these reports (as far as I've seen) are based on "butt dynos"; my car seems to make more power, rev harder, goes faster, etc.....

I surfed through the Diablo website last night, and unless I missed it, I didn't see any true measures of the performance gain (i.e. track times under tightly controlled conditions, dyno charts, etc).

Has anyone like a car magazine or a performance shop really put the Diablo under a microscope and tried to measure the actual perfromance gains? If this info is out there, I'd sure like to see it because this might just be my next purchase....

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I've been reading a lot of post from folks saying how exciting the Diable Predator is in terms of increased performance. All of these reports (as far as I've seen) are based on "butt dynos"; my car seems to make more power, rev harder, goes faster, etc.....

I surfed through the Diablo website last night, and unless I missed it, I didn't see any true measures of the performance gain (i.e. track times under tightly controlled conditions, dyno charts, etc).

Has anyone like a car magazine or a performance shop really put the Diablo under a microscope and tried to measure the actual perfromance gains? If this info is out there, I'd sure like to see it because this might just be my next purchase....
i agree, i have the money in my mod account but just waiting to see some real numbers here. is it worth it to put 93 octane in my car to fulfill the diablo's requirements for best hp/tq??:knockout:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
to go off the topic here... please tell me more about these "Moroso hood Pins", got any pics :smoke:

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I havent dyno'd but several folks on Lxforums have. I can tell you at 70 degrees I may have run 13.7 once....out of 150 runs. The other night with a poor DA i ran 13.70, 72,74,77 with corrected numbers of 13.54-13.58.

It certainly pull stronger from 2nd on...as noted also by track times from 330' to 1/4 mile traps.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts

I am waiting for some time slips from the track also. I think this tuner is only good for adjusting the fans to make your Chager run cooler.
The shifting is not even felt under anything but WOT and if you disable the ESP your cruise control will not work.
Randy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts