Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i was told that with a daytona that running 6k rpm shift point would make my car slower than running stock shift points. By the seat of the pants testing i thought they were crazy 6k shift points seemed to pull so much more. Well i got a chance to test both shift points with everything else being equal, i ran a certain distance, not sure how far it was, but with stock shift points i hit the distance at 73mph with 6k shift points i hit it at 78-79 mph now to me the 6k shift points got me there quicker and going faster. so i ran the test and those are my results so i am keeping the 6k shift points tuned on the predator.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I am, but i have an SRT, but never had a problem, i feel that it pulls harder aswell.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I've been running raised shift points on RumBee, and it seems better to me, but I haven't tested it and I don't have a HP curve to look at and determine which would be better.

If you have a dyno/HP curve plotted, you can integrate the area under the curve in the rpm range for each gear using the lower shifts first and then the higher shifts second. For each gear, the rpm range with the larger area under the hp curve is putting down more power. Then, if you add up the area for each gear (say the first 3 gears) you can calculate which shift point should be faster. It's a little tedious, but if your data is accurate the results should be, too. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
796 Posts

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I'm at 6400

:D

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts