Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup thats right gave TorRi a full detail this weekend (lol our weekends are friday and saturday BTW)
Alot of work but the result is well worth it :)

Engine bay, i also cleaned under the cover! but forgot to take pics :p

i didnt even leave the windows alone!

Exterior shots

Boy am i tired :p

·
Registered
152 Posts
Very Nice!!!! Looks like it was well worth the time.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
and that sir is a clean charger....what all did you use if you dont mind me asking??

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and that sir is a clean charger....what all did you use if you dont mind me asking??
i used wolfgang clay bar, mothers car wash, megs ColorX (is great for removing swirls), mothers stage 2, mothers stage 3, followed by a final coat of mothers reflections detailer.
Windows were done with a product called NTS7 from Sonax.
tires and engine bay were cleaned with Formula 1 "back to Black"

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
did you use an orbital buffer of some sort or did you just go with good ol "elbow grease"??

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you use an orbital buffer of some sort or did you just go with good ol "elbow grease"??
lol used only good ole elbow grease :).

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
Looking good!!!

Nice job. You deserve a beer. Or three. :lol:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Okay, so apparently I wasn't the only one that did some detailing of the ride today......... here's my pics to show off my hardwork as well. I used Meguiar's NXT Liquid Wax along with an orbital. Metal polish for the chrome work and Meguiar's plastic cleaning compound for the heads and tails. High Endurance for the tires............

.....while I was at it, I removed the stock 'HEMI' fender badging and replaced it with the new 'HEMI - 5.7 LITER' badging, as well as removed the stock front nose clip emblem (old Dodge Ram's Head Logo) and replaced it with a custom one. My kid's said it was appropriate for Halloween, gotta love 'em. Finally, I installed the "DODGE" vinyl lettering on the windshield (all in black) so I think enough for today..... time for those beer's aaaahhhhhh

Attachments

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Yup thats right gave TorRi a full detail this weekend (lol our weekends are friday and saturday BTW)
Alot of work but the result is well worth it :)

Engine bay, i also cleaned under the cover! but forgot to take pics :p

i didnt even leave the windows alone!

Exterior shots

Boy am i tired :p
DAM THATS CLEAN!!:grin: THATS SOME FINE WORK THERE EHHH:cool:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Dude, u did good... now the trick is to keep it that way...

Was the claybar local or ordered? It did an awsome job...

Im a meguier's user so didn't look at anything else... I'm sure u hated urself when it came to wiping off the bottom of the doors... thats my worse spot...

Good job bro..

·
Registered
325 Posts
I love it, great job. I am a car detailer myself and I run my own business. Money is good since I live in Florida and man it's easy to make money down here and the people are all fanatics just like I am keeping their car cleaned. Tyrant you did an awesome job there. I still think that you could take more time on the side doors and on the trunk since I can still see some not so good refrections, other than that good job. Now for bpd1151, that looks really good indeed. Very shine and well executed.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks guys :D... \
SXT, thanks bro, and i'll also be investing in an orbital buffer soon as i'm sure it'll yeild better results :)

Fahad, bro i took the car to work today and work is in HIDD so its not gonna look like that anymore :cry:.. NO!!!!!!!! i already see the dust outside :( :(
and bro the clay bar you can find it in Manazel for 7.5BD

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
very well done

man tyrant your car looks absolutely immaculate. that must've seriously taken a long time! looks like its ready for a car show! and i love the engine bay too! did u paint the engine cover yourself? or have it done

edit: looked at some of ur old threads and it seems that all the engine cover mods are reflective concepts? looks awesome man

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^ thanks bro :).. BTW the engine cover is a full engine kit by www.reflectiveconcepts.com
and yeah it did take a long time, but definatley worth it, even tho it'll only stay like that for a day or two thanks to our weather :cry:

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Okay, so apparently I wasn't the only one that did some detailing of the ride today......... here's my pics to show off my hardwork as well. I used Meguiar's NXT Liquid Wax along with an orbital. Metal polish for the chrome work and Meguiar's plastic cleaning compound for the heads and tails. High Endurance for the tires............

.....while I was at it, I removed the stock 'HEMI' fender badging and replaced it with the new 'HEMI - 5.7 LITER' badging, as well as removed the stock front nose clip emblem (old Dodge Ram's Head Logo) and replaced it with a custom one. My kid's said it was appropriate for Halloween, gotta love 'em. Finally, I installed the "DODGE" vinyl lettering on the windshield (all in black) so I think enough for today..... time for those beer's aaaahhhhhh
Gutsy, looked like there were some rain clouds in the background of those pics, lol.

Tyrant, that thing looks great, but those black mirrors, must be a disguised V6, lol.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The engine cover looks really good. I like the clean look you got going on and it's not over done. Looks really sharp.
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

as much as i love elbow grease....this is one of the reasons i want a freakin orbital buffer!! the NXT is pretty easy to wipe on and off, but i know it would shine so much better if i had an orbital...not to mention the time i would be saving!!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Dont worry man, jus make sure u dont speed on the new bridge, cuz the dust from the new land fill rapped my front end, an the stones falling off the 18 wheelers is not cool with my front paint...

Jus get a spray on detailer, that what i do every once or twice a week, when u feel the microfiber gets harder to move around the body, thats when another coat of wax comes back to save the day... The weather is going to get better, and i saw u today, beleive me u caught some eyes...

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dont worry man, jus make sure u dont speed on the new bridge, cuz the dust from the new land fill rapped my front end, an the stones falling off the 18 wheelers is not cool with my front paint...

Jus get a spray on detailer, that what i do every once or twice a week, when u feel the microfiber gets harder to move around the body, thats when another coat of wax comes back to save the day... The weather is going to get better, and i saw u today, beleive me u caught some eyes...
yeah i know what you mean about the bridge, damn dust and 18 wheelers i really hate them :p..
and yeah the spray on detailer is a must, i usually just dust off the car and then use the detailer..once a week and then once every two weeks give the car a wash :)..

oh and where did you see me? next to your uni.. good thing i was behaving my self yesterday (well atleast just a little bit lol)
BTW any update about your predator?.. got mine a week ago and just waiting for mike @ diablo to release the updates :).

·
Registered
846 Posts
Jus reached NY as i typed in this reply... should be in bahrain on sunday or monday... I'm in no rush...

But back to the topic, i used the meguier's detailer spray, i must say, that stuff really works great... U should also get the microfiber, makes the wipe down twice as shiney and half the effort as any other rags... The weather is clearing up, begining to cool down, im getting my gear ready, jus trying to find a day to take off...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts