Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Des Moines IA, M&G, Sunday Sept 30! UPDATE: Check the Weather...

Sounds like we're having a M&G at Hooters in Des Moines, around 4 pm on Sunday, Sept 30.

It's off 235 at 22nd I think. Only one in Des Moines, so if you google it, you'll find it.

Not sure where everyone is meeting or what happens if it rains (as it looks like it might Sunday) but I should be there around 4ish if it's not raining.

Just thought I'd make a new post for this upcoming M&G since you might miss the talk in the old M&G topic!

Drop a note here if you plan to attend, so we get some sorta headcount!

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
i might make the trek out there...sunday is my day off from football...

but wont be making it in my charger :(

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm there. I hope it don't rain.:cry:

·
Registered
907 Posts
count me in

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update:

Here's what www.intellicast.com says the weather for tomorrow will be like...

Details for Sunday
Windy...strong thunderstorms in the afternoon. Storms may produce large hail and strong winds. High 72F. Winds SSW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Sunday night: Variable cloudiness and windy. Low 51F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph.

If it's looking like rain/whatever by about 3 pm tomorrow, I'm not going to make it. It will take me 30 minutes minimum to make the trip between there and Ames... I'm not going to risk being out if the hail decides to make an appearance. If the radar looks okay around 3... I'll try it... but we'll see what happens...

Stay tuned here!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Same here...I don't wanna be out in the hail..

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking at the radar, central Iowa is clear. I think it should be safe...

That being said, I don't think I can make it. Work is rearing its ugly head. I was hoping I'd have some time to venture down for a couple hours, but at this point, there are too many people here at work working. I need to be here too...

Sorry guys, I"ll make sure I post pictures of my mods so you can see what I did... I was hopin' to show them off today, but I suppose I'll just have to wait until the next one!

Sorry!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry I wasn't able to make it guys... i was at work for about 9 hours today... ugh... going nuts, lemme tell ya...

anyways, thought I'd drop a couple images of my "mods" I was gonna show off...

·
Registered
907 Posts
looks good..

I didn't have access to a computer and i actually showed up and noticed there wasn't one charger there so i left and took my girl to the movies'

·
Registered
93 Posts
Damn, Was it pouring out there? I got ready to pull out of the garage and it started pouring...I guess I'll have to post pics too.

·
Registered
907 Posts
it wasn't to bad.... hell it's just rain.. gives me another chance to wash the car.:lol:

it's kinda ok tho... i really wanted my interior to be done for the meet, it wasn't so now aleast when we meet up it can be done and i can show it to all of you.

·
Registered
907 Posts
richelieu,

I love your seats man.. wanna trade. .j/k
I want to see your stripes in person. Your charger emblem on your rear quarters is cool.. it is kinda like a ghost emblem since it's black on black...

i would like to try for another meet and greet in about 2-3 weeks. then we can see the cars.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I still have those SRT8 seats.... The fronts mount just the same... back stuff would take a little work, but I can obviously tell you're not adverse to a little work... :p

·
Registered
907 Posts
ya..... but it's getting a little old.... I can't wait to get the charger back together.... I don't think it has been fully together for at least 3 months.

Without having any door panels on is starting to get old real fast.. there is a certain way you have to open the doors.

Bucs seen my car the other day at the hockey arena.. he can tell ya...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Any thoughts of a new date?

·
Registered
907 Posts
I would like to set up a new date, but it doesn't seem to wanna stop raining. I pulled my sunroof out last night to put the interior sliding piece back in (changed the color) and i missed the rain by about 2 min.. other wise my car would have been soaked. I was goin to put my headliner in last night.. but couldn't do to the rain.

maybe tonight.

how about the 28th or the 4th ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I could make either date it looks like

1 - 20 of 21 Posts