Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my Charger SXT (no flames please) the dealer had no firm idea of delivery maybe 8-10 weeks. Does anyone have any better information?

·
Banned
591 Posts
Shouldnt be that long of a wait. I was on the 401 HWY yesterday and saw about 5 LX car carriers on their way to the US border and to be honest only 2 had Chargers on them and they were out numbered by Magnums and 300s. Why, I have no idea. A salesman up here told me about a month ago that the Magnums sales have slowed down but the 300 is still strong. The Charger will outsell both put together. Just watch.

·
Registered
352 Posts
it all depends where the drop off yard is from the rail trains. ours is about 75 miles away
.after it get to the rail drop off it takes about 10 days here.my srt-4 took 6 weeks.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
When I ordered my SXT at the end of April, I was told that it would be mid to late July before I got my car. Now, I a (hopefully) supposed to take delivery some time this week. If you call the DCX customer service center with your VON, or VIN if you have it, you can track where the car is in production, or you can bug your dealer. I did this and new the day is was completed and the day it was shipped.

·
Registered
8 Posts
chargersouth said:
Just ordered my Charger SXT (no flames please) the dealer had no firm idea of delivery maybe 8-10 weeks. Does anyone have any better information?
I picked my charger up on May 29, so I was able to put it out there for Memorial weekend. I guess it all depends on your location. I'm in NY, when I went to the dealership my charger was the only one they had. So far I am one of the few if not only one with a charger in NYC

·
Registered
352 Posts
yes dealer code is listed on the window sticker at the very bottom it will say shipped or sold to then dealer code .you can track it from d statis all the way thru.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was starting to think that I was going to have to track down where mine was in shipping, but I called my dealer and he told me that it is arriving today and that I can pick it up tomorrow! :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
ChargerSXT said:
Thanks for the info. I was starting to think that I was going to have to track down where mine was in shipping, but I called my dealer and he told me that it is arriving today and that I can pick it up tomorrow! :D :D :D :D :D
I am epoch's green pit of envy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
LOL Ya Ummm, I can help you with your order!

I work at the plant. When we order vehicles, we get em in about a week!

Call your dealer, and ask them for the ORDER#. They'll ask why, just tell them you want it. I give the order# to a area manger is he gets it put in the system, usually will start being built within a few days, 17 hrs later, it's out the door.

Sure I'll get bombarded with questions now! LOL The Daytona versions are on their way! So are SRT8's.

Have a great day!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I just called the dealer I bought my dodge from in '98.... If they can get me a Daytona it will be slightly over invoice... I will find out tomorrow... if availible I will be putting down a deposit tomorrow.... :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Your salesman can track the car for you and only takes him about 10 seconds to do so. Once it hits KZL then he can track its exact location each day.

Just some ammo to use on your salesman

·
Registered
630 Posts
jim383 said:
IF YOU HAVE YOUR VON OR VIN NUMBER AND DEALER CODE I WILL GIVE YOU CHRYSLER TRACKING SYS TO TRACK IT.http://insightnl.extra.daimlerchrysler.com/inl_dealer/INLRouter.jas
Hi Jim, just attempted to connect to that URL... no such luck. It is giving me "403 Forbidden" which means the server does not and will not give me access to that site. Poking around a bit I found that you need to have a login id. Am I the only one who ran into this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
To BBjl,

If you already have a VIN#, your car is in system and being built, or is already built and in shipping somewhere. VIN #'s in our plant are not assigned until they are going be be framed in the body shop. It's only 17 hrs from start to finish.

So, in your case, your dealer can help you better than I. If you're ordering a car, I can do what no dealer can do.

Enjoy, and thanks for supporting our products.

·
Registered
352 Posts
charger i just did it and also got that same message.thats funny i tract my srt-4 the whole way in 03 .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts