Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Employee Discount Details......

The official details are these.....

No LX Vehicles are included.....No 300, No Magnum, No charger.

No Srt models are included.

Discount started today......

Roger

·
Registered
153 Posts
No idea what MurrayDodgeSales was trying to say in this thread, but a little birdie told me the following:

"Employee price for everyone starts July 6th."

·
Registered
17 Posts
tonycpsu said:
No idea what MurrayDodgeSales was trying to say in this thread, but a little birdie told me the following:

"Employee price for everyone starts July 6th."
Yes, but the big issue is DOES THE CHARGER QUALIFY? I get preferrred pricing (1% below invoice) becuase of supplier realtionship of Company I work for. Whe I go to the Dodge site tocalculate cost, disclaimer clearly states CHARGER is not included in program. I hope Employee price come thru for the CHARGER so I can actually go after a R/T rather than an SXT.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
joebxr said:
Yes, but the big issue is DOES THE CHARGER QUALIFY? I get preferrred pricing (1% below invoice) becuase of supplier realtionship of Company I work for. Whe I go to the Dodge site tocalculate cost, disclaimer clearly states CHARGER is not included in program. I hope Employee price come thru for the CHARGER so I can actually go after a R/T rather than an SXT.
although I know about as much as you do on this... my guess would be dont plan on it...

the GM deal is only on 05 models that are in dealer stock.... the charger being an 06 would not qualify if DCX did it to the same extent as GM...

however will the rebates continue into 06, and include 06 models?

well gm after charging 30K for a 40K truck will be hard pressed to get people to start paying 40K again.... so I would think that GM is stuck with it... and depending on how DCX works this, could be too

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
GM's problem is not so much that people are paying $30k for a $40k truck, but that GM's $40k trucks are only worth $30k. Most GM models are horribly overpriced. If they price them right, they won't need to offer rebates.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I heard that GM is selling all these cars at a loss. There's no way they can keep this up. They've been headed down the tubes and are just trying to get anything back. But it can't happen every year or we're going to see even more GM cuts. Maybe bye-bye to buick...(or worse)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Just an FYI on GM's plan.... it is the same discount they have been doing for the last few years.... just packaged differently for marketing...

When I bought my Avalanche alittle over 2 years ago, I paid about $11,000 below sticker price.... right now I belive it is about 9,000-10,000 below sticker price...

Yes GM looses money on everything they sell, but the true discount they are selling for is no greater then it was when I bought mine... in fact it works out to be about $1000 less....

Just wanted to point this out so that people don't think that the current marketing gimmick is offering more "savings" then they did in the past....

·
Banned
99 Posts
JSA 007 said:
I heard that GM is selling all these cars at a loss. There's no way they can keep this up. They've been headed down the tubes and are just trying to get anything back. But it can't happen every year or we're going to see even more GM cuts. Maybe bye-bye to buick...(or worse)

G.M. has been selling cars at a lose for a while(thats why they are losing money). This new promotion is great for them since the dealer is taking the hit on this promotion. It is working great. Look for it to continue for a long time.

G.M. needs to go chapter eleven and kill the pension and health care liability. Thats the only way for them to be king of the hill again.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
adaptabl said:
G.M. has been selling cars at a lose for a while(thats why they are losing money). This new promotion is great for them since the dealer is taking the hit on this promotion. It is working great. Look for it to continue for a long time.

G.M. needs to go chapter eleven and kill the pension and health care liability. Thats the only way for them to be king of the hill again.

the dealers are not "taking a hit" on the new promotion....

The dealers are making 5% on each vehicle, in addition to the 3% dealer holdback... so they are making mroe now then if they sold at invoice before, and only got the 3% holdback.....

So now they are making 8% on every car sold....

·
Registered
17 Posts
adaptabl said:
Your statement about cutting pensions is infuriating. I hope yours is ripped out from under you when you turn 62, then let's see what you can afford to drive...or better yet, what you can afford to eat. We've worked all our lives to be able to retire and survive, and Companies today, with the Govt backing, are taking away everything we have worked so hard for. I hope you are independently wealthy that you can be so bold as to make such a statement.

Sorry everyone, but that just got to me.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
adaptabl said:
without touching on the "union" topic....

What GM really needs is to build vehicles that people want to buy....

When I decided to sell my truck and get something else... I looked at what was on the market... and GM products did not really enter the equation....

So they can kill the pension and health care liability, get rid of any and all union workers, but if they dont have a product people actually want... they will never be king of the hill again....

Look at Chrysler and Dodge, up until the 90's they did not exactly have an interesting product lineup.... the neon helped bring some interest to youth buyers, then the dodge ram came and brought more people to the line-up... and they keep bringing out vehicles that are of interest to people...

GM has failed miserably in this area....and unless they turn around thier product line.... they probably will go under....

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
joebxr said:
Your statement about cutting pensions is infuriating. I hope yours is ripped out from under you when you turn 62, then let's see what you can afford to drive...or better yet, what you can afford to eat. We've worked all our lives to be able to retire and survive, and Companies today, with the Govt backing, are taking away everything we have worked so hard for. I hope you are independently wealthy that you can be so bold as to make such a statement.

Sorry everyone, but that just got to me.
I see your point, but he's right. Perhaps you would prefer GM to just go bankrupt and you'd lose your whole pension instead of just part of it, the way my brother has lost his whole United pension.

·
Registered
630 Posts
jim383 said:
the ep price is 0.101 % of the window sticker price
Not sure I understand what you are saying here:
0.101% = 0.00101
therefore:
$35000 * 0.00101 = $35.35
You betcha!! I'll buy a car for $35.35 any day.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
joebxr said:
When I ordered my SXT back in April, I was able to use my wife's EP discount (I had called the Chrysler Employee customer service and verified that the Charger was eligible for the discount). When I went to pick the car up in June, I was told that as of May 31st, the Charger was no longer eligible for the EP discount and that Chrysler was not accepting the EP price that I was quoted (and ordered the car for). Needless to say, my dealer worked it out, and I got the car for the EP price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just one fact for everyone. The average american pays 32% of their healthcare costs. The white collar employee at GM pays 27% of their healthcare costs. The Union employees at GM pay 7% of their healthcare costs. That is the big 3's problem and if it is not solved then we will just have to start driving foreign cars - not by choice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts