Charger Forums banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I had a resolution back in September. New radio at no charge after working with @DodgeCares

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
So happy to hear that! We are glad we could help.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
5 Posts
First visit in April 2021 dealer refused to accept it as a warranty item due to the MF warranty running out in March 2021. Even though my extended warranty thru that dealer runs through March 2025. They said it is not a radio function failing so it is not covered.

Talked to DodgeCares... set up another appointment for last week after coordinating with Matt from uConnect. Dealer states on the work order that the radio needs replacement. Matt called yesterday to tell me he has the info needed to replace under warranty and will get back to me on the next step required.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Rob
Dodge Cares
Hello I have a 2017 Dodge Charger daytona 392 that I bought recently used and I found that the screen has been delaminating and it is not functioning normally because of the bubbling. It keeps pressing random buttons and most of the time I have to keep the screen off so it won’t call people randomly. I tried to contact Uconnect and they set me up an appointment but Dodge said my car was restricted and I don’t really know what that means. If you could please help me resolve this it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello I have a 2017 Dodge Charger daytona 392 that I bought recently used and I found that the screen has been delaminating and it is not functioning normally because of the bubbling. It keeps pressing random buttons and most of the time I have to keep the screen off so it won’t call people randomly. I tried to contact Uconnect and they set me up an appointment but Dodge said my car was restricted and I don’t really know what that means. If you could please help me resolve this it would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Did you ever find out what restricted means?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Does anyone know if the new screens with higher resolution is suppose to be available for the Chargers and Challengers? Are they in now or is that still a few years away? I think it's called Uconnect 5.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you are out of the standard warranty (3 × 36) they most likely will deny the fix. They did the same for me. I pressed the issue and then engaged @DodgeCares. It took a few months but they did replace my radio at no cost.

Yea I tried to contact them the day before thanksgiving and I still haven’t gotten anything. I tried to see how much it’ll be to just replace a part of the screen and I saw that it would be $600

·
Registered
61 Posts
Does anyone know if the new screens with higher resolution is suppose to be available for the Chargers and Challengers? Are they in now or is that still a few years away? I think it's called Uconnect 5.
Those are not in now and with only two years remaining for the current generation I wouldn't expect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
970 Posts
Same issue on my 2018 Dodge Charger GT. Screen flips out with multiple ghost touches, usually near the top. I can see the delaminated screen. Tried reaching out to @DodgeCares but looks like since I’m new here I’m not yet allowed to.
This forum has no affiliation with Dodge Cares. They monitor it but your time as a member has no bearing on getting assistance from them. Keep trying. You can also try going to your dealer and asking them nicely if they will replace your unit out of warranty. Some owners have been successful.

·
Registered
71 Posts
you can get the screen replaced without replacing the entire uconnect system. I live in a very hot climate country and literally EVERY SINGLE dodge that came in from the US has this issue an I do mean every single one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Started experiencing this with my 2017 Charger Daytona 392 @ 19,600 miles.

Oil Change at dealer - They won't fix it because its not under Certified pre-owned warranty. Told me to call Chrysler customer care, they couldn't pull up my warranty and told me to call Mopar. Mopar said it wasn't covered under warranty and sent me back to Chrysler customer care. Chrysler said they cannot fix it under "Good-will" and the agent said he couldn't understand why it still isn't a recall.

@DodgeCares Please help me. I love my car, but it is starting to really bother me that the interior is falling apart.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Started experiencing this with my 2017 Charger Daytona 392 @ 19,600 miles.

Oil Change at dealer - They won't fix it because its not under Certified pre-owned warranty. Told me to call Chrysler customer care, they couldn't pull up my warranty and told me to call Mopar. Mopar said it wasn't covered under warranty and sent me back to Chrysler customer care. Chrysler said they cannot fix it under "Good-will" and the agent said he couldn't understand why it still isn't a recall.

@DodgeCares Please help me. I love my car, but it is starting to really bother me that the interior is falling apart.
Hello srt_8_u,

We'd be happy to have a further look into this for you. Please PM us your case# or VIN and we can check into your file for you.

Steph
Dodge Cares

41 - 60 of 65 Posts