Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im curious what people are running for max timing before they hit knock? i know every car is different and depending on a host of variables all over the place. im curious what i might be able to push the car to to get max hp before hiting knock . i havent pushed it yet and will eventually do it on a dyno but just as a reference ? im pushing i think eitehr 16 or 18 degrees of total timing i forget which ! can this be manuely adjusted with the predator ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
At WOT my max timing hits 23.5 at the stock 5600rpm shift point.

What is strange is I see 23.5 with the stock tune, 91 tune and 93 tune.

The Predator doesn't seem to change/increase the peak timing on my car.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
dont add timing to a blower motor if youre not on the dyno.
18* already sounds like a lot for a supercharger, i remember reading big boost cars running like 12 and 14, but im really not sure

i run between 25-27 if memory serves. i ought to go log it. but thats N/A and a custom tune

At WOT my max timing hits 23.5 at the stock 5600rpm shift point.

What is strange is I see 23.5 with the stock tune, 91 tune and 93 tune.

The Predator doesn't seem to change/increase the peak timing on my car.

how much KR?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Zero KR.
This graph is a stock run. The white vertical line/pointer is right before the first shift at 5563rpms and 23.5 timing.

All my Predator 91 and 93 logs look the same. Max timing is always 23.50 and zero KR.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Did you get your ride tuned yet Vinnie?

No way Id touch the timing with the predator with what you have set up.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh i wasnt belive you me ive learned my lesson. its tuned but not perfect im propably leave some hp on t he table id liek to get it back on the dyno sometime in t he next month . r&j still wanna play with th etune and add timing to see if i could pull more hp. like there isnt enough there already lololololol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It really depends and will vary with RPM. Normally max WOT timing on an NA engine will vary from about 19 to 28 degrees depending on RPM. But it could be a few degrees more or less depending on the settup and just the car. Boost will run considerably less timing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts