Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:grin:
Ok, so, the instructions didn't say anything about putting on a pair of diapers before the first test drive. Bug nuggers....

I carped all over my pants the first WOT in first with RTJunkie no ESP! Holy carp rubber for 60 feet when before I couldn't get em to chirp without a brake stand!!!! OMFG

Yeah I am happy with the purchase. Just be warned.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ok, so, the instructions didn't say anything about putting on a pair of diapers before the first test drive. Bug nuggers....

I carped all over my pants the first WOT in first with RTJunkie no ESP! Holy carp rubber for 60 feet when before I couldn't get em to chirp without a brake stand!!!! OMFG

Anyone know what the implications of this are on the engine/tranny? Seems like you can't get extra without a paying a price. Or are the Chargers just detuned that much?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think about how much power a decent tuner can bring out of a diesel. 100HP easy? From a 400HP truck is a 25% gain. This tuner MAYBE brings out 10% at the wheels, which really isnt very much. It also takes into account things like CAI's, better exhausts, and better fuel, which the original programming does not take into account. Also, Diablo doesnt care about your tires. Dodge does. At least for the first 12K miles.

·
Registered
706 Posts

Glad to see you joined the "family" and now sport as perma Diablo smile.....

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah, that and some side-effects like a lead-foot :)

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
way to scare me man. im getting ready to order mine today and i thought i was gonna need to hold out longer

·
Registered
928 Posts
sweet mines out for delivery =) ...... i hope its dry today so I can go have some fun!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Did you guys get a Diablo Predator decal in the box? Not sure whether to put it on or not.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Did you guys get a Diablo Predator decal in the box? Not sure whether to put it on or not.
I wouldn't. My Superchips came with a decal, but if I put it on the car, the dealer could see it, and you know what could happen.

Maybe a bit paranoid, but the less the dealer knows, the better in my opinion.

- Mark

·
Registered
898 Posts
i think the less those stangs know the better:lol:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would love to get one. Wasn't a vendor here selling the Diablo and CAI package for a great deal? I think it was the AFE2? Thanks, Edwin.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would love to get one. Wasn't a vendor here selling the Diablo and CAI package for a great deal? I think it was the AFE2? Thanks, Edwin.
YES !!! TByrne Motorsports has that combo. I just ordered mine yesterday and i'm hoping to have everything by the end of this week, if not the first of next.

So...hurry up and go get it .....HURRY....RUN !!! :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I wouldn't. My Superchips came with a decal, but if I put it on the car, the dealer could see it, and you know what could happen.

Maybe a bit paranoid, but the less the dealer knows, the better in my opinion.

- Mark

You have an excellent point.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I agree this is like a different car. Diesels are easy to tune, but it's unbeleivable that a tuner could make such a difference in a gas motor. It sure feels like more than 10%.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I do have a question. Where are the fan controls on the diablo? I didnt see them, but I did find the transmission setting for firmer. I also did not see the raised rev limiter, but I did find raised shift points. Any that can help?

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
diesels are way easy to tune, just up the amount of fuel and air going into the cylinder..and the reason that the power gains are so phenonemal has to do with the ridiculously high compression ratios in a diesel engine

i know that for my f250 powerstroke my tuner added 114 rwhp onto a 325 hp engine, a very very large gain as you can imagine..i personally very excited to go see what this predator can do for me :devil:

·
Registered
805 Posts
I do have a question. Where are the fan controls on the diablo? I didnt see them, but I did find the transmission setting for firmer. I also did not see the raised rev limiter, but I did find raised shift points. Any that can help?
What are the settings you've used to do this 60 ft. burn out?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts