1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I too want a recessed grille....before TommyZ made them readily avail for the 300 i remember he custom did a members for $1k, he can prolly deff do the charger but it will be pricey

·
Registered
727 Posts
If he does It would probably be the most expensive charger grill made. heres an ebay link of a 300c owner trying to sell his damaged tommy z grill for $500 dollars. 2 hours left and the reserve isn't met at $250. A little too pricy for me but I admit it does look nice.

·
Registered
433 Posts
hahah good luck with that show some final pics

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
Considering that 2 of the 4 primary mounts have been cut out, this won't be easy. Also, do not forget that behind your grille you have that large vertical support, which happens to be where the grille screws onto. Aint no hiding it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I realize the four mounting points have been cut off, but I'm developing my own hardware (brackets and such) to make this a DIY install... Hasn't anyone made this?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I soooooo was going to try this out! I'm glad to see that someone else has the same idea!!! If you can figure everything out, it'll look wicked! Please take pics as you go. I'd love to take a few pointers from you if you dont mind!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Doesn't MoPower make a grill like that...I'll check it out and get back.

Found it...Bill Cochrane at C3 Motorsports..If I knew how I would have cut and pasted the link here. You can find it if you search all threads started by MoPower.

·
Registered
469 Posts
New guy here... I'm tired of looking for this type of grille so I'm making my own! Let me know if you guys know of where to find it if you know ,please... Mounting this is gonna be tricky...
I can't wait to see the finished product! I've been wanting to do this for a while, but I'm afraid to cut up the vertical support in the facia for fear of it warping over time. If I had the know-how, I guess I could fab up an aluminum replacement that allowed the mounting of the type of grill you are going for.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I think the factory grill would look good without the horizontal bar. Leave the vertical one.

Anyone done that?
chargin scott has the MoPower front grill. its got the one horizontal bar with the cuda-esque slits in them. hes from the houston crowd, and i know hes got pictures somewhere. post one on teh regional forum and hell find it for sure.

here we go.... http://spacecitylx.com/Member Gallery.html then scroll down a bit and click on "charginscott" u got a nice picture there of his grille.

btw green. Judas Priest rocks my socks. never even noticed the name til i looked at it just now, and i know ive looked at it before and not had it click.
:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I think the factory grill would look good without the horizontal bar. Leave the vertical one.

Anyone done that?

I have a chrome version of that, I like the idea but it is still a little too shiny for what I wanted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update...

I finished fillin the cut out holes in... I used pieces of the cross hairs that I cut. The only problem I'm having is that my friend crashed his car.... I need someone in the Dallas area to bring a car to my shop so I can use it to figure out the mounting of it. I will give that person a grille for free if they facilitate the car for a couple of days... I used to make some of the ones for the 300C for 22Elite.com
For anyone interested my name is Marcelo and you can reach me @ (469)471-2386
Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts