Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, the other day I went to have the oil changed in my patrol car at the dodge dealership. Well as soon as I pull in I notice a 08 SUPERBEE in the lot. Well naturally I HAD to test drive it. I think I’m in love!!!!! This car is amazing!! It is #33/1000 it has 8xxx miles in it. The previous owner traded it for a new black SS. I start kinda getting into the negotiation mode, asking how much they will give me for my car…they told me $18,500 sight-un-seen, (the guy is a fellow charger owner so he may like my car and give me a bit more) so I believe I can get $20,000. they want $36,000 for the superbee. I checked KBB and with the options the bee has (no nav, ect…), kbb says $30,000.. I only owe $16,000 on my charger…..I REALLY… REALLY want this bee….u guys think I should go for it?
cell phone pics:
mobile-2009-08-03-1539.jpg

mobile-2009-08-03-1540.jpg

·
Registered
596 Posts
If KBB is 30k, then get them to bring the price down. As for asking for opinions, honestly no one can give you honest advice because you know your financial situation, you know how bad you want/like the car, etc. I would say get them to come down on the price if you do decide to get it.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Only you know your financial situation and how much more negotiations you can do on the trade in and sticker price.
Having said that, GET IT!! Get it now. Life is short - drive the best car you possibly can, while you can!!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
wow, that bee sure is a beautiful car! be sure to get a back ground check on it, check for those accidents, get a mechanic to check the underneath...crap like that...

but ummm like everyone else said, if you got the cash and it wont put you into a pinch GET IT NOW!!!!

NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!:rocker:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If i can get the 20k for mine and i can get them down to the 30k, i am going to be the owner of a bee!!! but if they wont playball then no deal...im going back to talk to the guy tomorrow... WISH ME LUCK!!!!:beerchug::driving:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Good luck!

If all else fails your screen name demonstrated with the appropriate hardware may persuade them.

LOL

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good luck!

If all else fails your screen name demonstrated with the appropriate hardware may persuade them.

LOL
i'll file this idea under "last resort"....:D

to all 08 BEE owners: is there anything i should look for on this car that i wouldnt look for on a normal charger?
any BEE specific problems?

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Let's have no 'full metal jacket' scenarios at the dealership, shall we?
Better idea - get a couple of quotes on other used SRT8s and Bees from other dealers. This will provide some structure under which to negotiate. Also, it just might let you know if this is typical of the price points for this vehicle in your area.
Good luck, break a leg, and go forth with your gameface on. Oh, and post pics of your new Bee afterwards (mandatory). Join us, Luke. You don't know the power of the darkside!

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Only you know your financial situation and how much more negotiations you can do on the trade in and sticker price.
Having said that, GET IT!! Get it now. Life is short - drive the best car you possibly can, while you can!!

Agreed! :beerchug:

This is why I own a SRT now.

I'm surprised someone traded a Superbee for an SS though. :confused:

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
well in all reality, if you only owe 16k on your current and they give you 20... and then say you get the bee for 30k.... then in all reality, the bee woudl be cheaper to own as you would only owe the balance of 14... well before taxes and all that.... i say do it... but i do not think they will give you 20 for your ride though... hell i went to trade my 3.5 in on the an srt like 4months ago... and only with 10k on the clock and only beign 5months old, they didnt want to give me a penny more than 14k.... WTF?

but yeah if you cna do it, then do it....... good luck homie.. i like that color too

·
Registered
298 Posts
talk them down do the walk off what ever you have to do but GET IT she is a sexy beast

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
If KBB is 30k, then get them to bring the price down. As for asking for opinions, honestly no one can give you honest advice because you know your financial situation, you know how bad you want/like the car, etc. I would say get them to come down on the price if you do decide to get it.
My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo

well in all reality, if you only owe 16k on your current and they give you 20... and then say you get the bee for 30k.... then in all reality, the bee woudl be cheaper to own as you would only owe the balance of 14... well before taxes and all that.... i say do it... but i do not think they will give you 20 for your ride though... hell i went to trade my 3.5 in on the an srt like 4months ago... and only with 10k on the clock and only beign 5months old, they didnt want to give me a penny more than 14k.... WTF?

but yeah if you cna do it, then do it....... good luck homie.. i like that color too
i went back to the dealership today and i spoke directly with the V.P. (who was covering for the finance manager for the day) well i took him for a test drive :driving: he loved my car SOOO much he offered me ...drum roll......$24,000 for my 06 :banana::banana:HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana:
i told him to check with the banks and see which one will give me the best %age rate...i want 4.25%, i told him if he gets that for me...i will be the proud owner of SUPERBEE #33.....:locked:

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
$24K for an 06?

is the V.P. slightly brain damaged? i mean why would anyone give 24K for an 06...especially the dealer.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
i went back to the dealership today and i spoke directly with the V.P. (who was covering for the finance manager for the day) well i took him for a test drive :driving: he loved my car SOOO much he offered me ...drum roll......$24,000 for my 06 :banana::banana:HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana:
i told him to check with the banks and see which one will give me the best %age rate...i want 4.25%, i told him if he gets that for me...i will be the proud owner of SUPERBEE #33.....:locked:
Hmm, $24k for an 06 - wonder what i could get for my 06 SRT8 with 34k miles on it. I owe less than that on mine now, so I'd have money down to pay for a new Superbee.
Interesting...

·
Registered
120 Posts
its because the dealer is selling the srt8 for 36000, in all reality its the same deal as if he got 18000 for his and 30,000 for the bee, there are just more numbers to molest.

i thought 2009 bee's are going for 38000-42000 new?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts