Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought a used red r/t emblem and I wanna know how to take my stock one off without scratching the paint and how can I put the used one on like what do I use? Can someone help me?

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Heat up the old emblem with sunshine or hair dryer and rub behind it gently with fishing line or floss. The glue gets loose when it's hot.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Ok so I bought a used red r/t emblem and I wanna know how to take my stock one off without scratching the paint and how can I put the used one on like what do I use? Can someone help me?
The badge is held on with double sided adhesive tape. I took mine off using a plastic putty knife (like the kind used for spackle) and worked in slowly from all sides until it came off. There was adhesive left on the car that I took off using Goof Off glue remover and elbow grease. I used polishing compound after all the adhesive was gone to make a smooth surface. You can buy 3M double sided molding adhesive tape from your local auto body supply shop to put the new one on. Clean the new emblem with the Goof Off and let dry before applying the tape to the back of the emblem. Then trim all the way around to make it neat. Remove the backing and apply to the car where you want it (de-wax the area first with the Goof Off). Remember, once it touches it's stuck, so make sure it's lined up right before touching the paint. Then press firmly and rub with a rag all over to assure good adhesion.

Then stand back and admire!

·
Registered
743 Posts
i used floss and scratched my paint. not bad an it comes out with wax but be careful. if u can heat it up enough u can just pull it off and then use goo gone to get the rest of the glue off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts