Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read in both forums; Charger Forums and LXFourms, that Charger owners are being challenged to street races. Some post have stated that these other vehicles would just get onto of their bumpers and ride them to provoke a race. Is this the case with some of you?

Now my concern is that I am not big into street racing, though that’s a side point. For me, this car will be a nice big powerful family car that daddy drives. It’s 4 doors, and will have two safety seats in the back. This is where my concern begins, having my little ones with me and some @$$ on my bumper trying to provoke a race.

So with this in mind, have you married guys with the back seat passengers (little ones) experienced this problem? If so how did you deal with the issue? I think the solution to my problem is to just carry a pen and paper to write tags and or possibly my radio to call in an air strike. That way, I can deal with the problem in my own little way.

On a side note, if this occurs on either I575 or I75 during non peak times and no little ones, then I am clear on the solution to the problem.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
my 2 year old "Go Daddy!!!!"....my 12 year old "you got it dad, take him!!!!" my wife and i are raising muscle car fanatics!!!! 5 star crash rating.....i say go get him...when not in the mood - i just look at the wife and say i could take him..lol. but man until these are all over this is how its gonna be....everyone wants to see what they can really do!!! just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
but damn the chevy trucks in my area wanting to race all the time......

·
Registered
732 Posts
On the way to work this morning an EVO wanted to play, we didn't have any room which is good because he would have smoked me.

·
Registered
370 Posts
GoDaddy said:
my 2 year old "Go Daddy!!!!"....my 12 year old "you got it dad, take him!!!!" my wife and i are raising muscle car fanatics!!!! 5 star crash rating.....i say go get him...when not in the mood - i just look at the wife and say i could take him..lol. but man until these are all over this is how its gonna be....everyone wants to see what they can really do!!! just my 2 cents.
I really don't believe you'd put your kids life in danger by racing the ricer...

I'm with BoB... I'd just wave the ricer pass and let him think he got the best... its not worth the ticket, loss of license and possible losing your vehicle to the police officer.

Just don't want to see alot of undercover police chargers on the streets :p

when some a$$ is on your tail.... slow down :p .. that really gets their blood pumping.... if you're on the highway.... use your wipers and clean the windshield.... they'll catch alot of spray that way...

You can always do the 007 mod of dumping nails, explosive devices or oil slicks.... (i'm drawing up the plans atm... :p)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I get challenged by a lot of chevy trucks as well. I dont think its a competition race, so much - its not even close. I think they are moer curious than anything as to what hood's contents can do.

I've also noticed that as I've tried to provoke a few mustangs, NONE of them have taken me up on it yet.. wusses.

·
Registered
245 Posts
In my openion, most of the rice grinders are like a poodles wearing a spiked collar, they make a lot of noise but kick it once and they will run away!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Potsie said:
I really don't believe you'd put your kids life in danger by racing the ricer...

I'm with BoB... I'd just wave the ricer pass and let him think he got the best... its not worth the ticket, loss of license and possible losing your vehicle to the police officer.

Just don't want to see alot of undercover police chargers on the streets :p

when some a$$ is on your tail.... slow down :p .. that really gets their blood pumping.... if you're on the highway.... use your wipers and clean the windshield.... they'll catch alot of spray that way...

You can always do the 007 mod of dumping nails, explosive devices or oil slicks.... (i'm drawing up the plans atm... :p)
i have done the windshield wiper trick a couple of times with a$$es who want to tail to close....i love that trick....like the nail dumping idea....a new mod for one of our vendors to support maybe????

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
GoDaddy said:
i have done the windshield wiper trick a couple of times with a$$es who want to tail to close....i love that trick....like the nail dumping idea....a new mod for one of our vendors to support maybe????
There was a mod that used a liquid (don't remember if it was water or what it was) and it gets shot out the exhaust tips. As the cool liquid hits the hot exhuast tips, a cloud would form. That'd be one way to deal with them....

I will try to find that kit again...

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I am personalyl a fan of the fire kit that shoots fire out of the exhaust.. I saw a erally cool job where the exhaust was fed out of the 2 tail lights, and when the fire was trgigered, the fire shot out of both th tail lights like afterburners.. HOT! :)

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Back in high school, a guy ran an extra line from his windshield washer (fluid) line all the way to the back of his car, and ran it our by the liscense plate. That way, whenever he hit the windshield washer/wipers, he would shoot a stream of water out the rear.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
lmao...some truly great ways to deal with ricers....

·
Registered
124 Posts
You know, it's not really so surprising that Charger owners are being provoked. I'm sure you've all seen the ads of the Charger R/T racing a rail at the drag strip..... :whistle:

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Well DutchMaster, you posted the idea first, you got your kit on order ?

If you've ever seen those tail pipe flamers in action they are really cool....

I thought about a kit for my Grand Prix but it's so loud and the radical cam scares of just about anything on the street anyway.... Even if they are foolish enough to play, once I jump them about 3 or 4 cars of the line and are still pulling away the know they are done..... 450hp in a 3200lb car with 3.73 rear does the trick pretty well....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Go ManGo! said:
On the way to work this morning an EVO wanted to play, we didn't have any room which is good because he would have smoked me.
Yeah.. fair warning don't even mess with the EVO's. they are way too quick.

·
Registered
608 Posts
what is an EVO ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts